Popular Washington DestinationsSee all 531
Washington Travel GuideWhen to visit Washington
Washington is a diverse state and encompasses several climatic zones including rain forest, desert, high desert, and high alpine. Summer is the most popular time for visitors due to sunny weather and school breaks. The winter, especially the months of December and January, receive heavy precipitation, but is also the least busy and most inexpensive time to visit. The spring and fall offer a good alternative to the other two seasons with fairly dry weather, discounted prices, and fewer crowds.
Editors' Picks: Washington DealsSee All Washington Travel Deals
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Travelodge: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
Book a stay for at least three consecutive nights at Travelodge and you will receive 20 percent off the best available rate at participating hotels. Breakfast is also included in your stay.
Days Inn: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Don't just take the first price you're quoted: If you're a member of AARP or an auto club, are 60 or older, work for the government, or are traveling with a group, you can request additional savings.
Days Inn: 20 Percent Off Three-Night Stays
Receive 20 percent off the best available rates at Days Inn when you book three or more consecutive nights. Or get 15 percent off a two-night stay.
Days Inn: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower rate for the same hotel and date on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Days Inn will match the rate and add a 10 percent discount.
Hyatt: Perks, Savings With Your AmEx Card
When you pay for a room at participating Hyatt hotels with an American Express card, you get more out of your stay.
'Man-Cation': Seattle Beer and Golf from $459
Microwbrews, wings, Hennessy, and more combine for this Seattle guys' getaway.
Kimpton Hotels: Up to 10 Percent Off for AAA Members
If you're a AAA member, you can request up to 10 percent off Kimpton's room rate. Be sure to choose the <b>AAA Rate</b> when making your reservation on the Kimpton website.
Kimpton Hotels: Perks for Hybrid Car Drivers
Hybrid car owners, or those renting a hybrid car, should look to Kimpton's Hybrid Parking Promotion for special money-saving deals.
Kimpton Hotels: Take the Train, Save 15%
Travel by train to your destination city, stay in a Kimpton hotel, and receive 15 percent off the best available room rate. Simply show your train ticket at check-in to receive this discount.
Washington Travel Advice See All Washington Travel Advice
- Unforgettable Places to Sleep in National Parks A cabin floating on a lake. A boutique hotel. A yurt. Around North America, national parks offer incredible scenery, dazzling wildlife, and some truly funky, cool, and surprising places to stay.
- America's Best Small Cities on the Rise Somewhere between quiet villages and metropolises that never sleep are these perfect up-and-coming American cities. Here are 10 terrific little cities, from Chattanooga to Yakima, and plenty of reasons why each one is worth a visit.
- 10 Adorable (and Affordable) Beach Cottages for Summer You don't have to be ultrarich to score an irresistibly charming beach cottage this summer. We've turned up some of America's cutest affordable cottages, from Cape Cod to the Outer Banks to Southern California.
- World's Best Treetop Hotels Bored with the view from the penthouse suite? Take your vacation to the next level by staying in one of these treetop hotels where you can finally live out your childhood Swiss Family
- 10 Great Wine-Region Getaways for Fall Autumn is prime time to tour the vineyards that dot the nation's every corner, when temperatures are cool and foliage is at its most flamboyant. From the rocky coast of New England to the lush valleys of Washington State, find grape-stomping events, harvest festivals, cook-offs, and more. Here are 10 wine destinations to get your (grape) juices flowing.