Popular Washington DestinationsSee all 531
Washington Travel GuideWhen to visit Washington
Washington is a diverse state and encompasses several climatic zones including rain forest, desert, high desert, and high alpine. Summer is the most popular time for visitors due to sunny weather and school breaks. The winter, especially the months of December and January, receive heavy precipitation, but is also the least busy and most inexpensive time to visit. The spring and fall offer a good alternative to the other two seasons with fairly dry weather, discounted prices, and fewer crowds.
Editors' Picks: Washington DealsSee All Washington Travel Deals
$69+ O/W Spring Flights on Alaska
Spring flights to Las Vegas, Seattle, Honolulu, Los Cabos, and dozens of other cities are on sale through April 6.
FARE WAR: $60+ Airfare Sales on 4 Airlines
The more than 2,000 domestic routes are on sale through April 6.
$60+ O/W Southwest Airfare Sale with 1,000 Routes
This huge systemwide sale from Southwest Airlines puts nearly 1,000 routes on sale—all for nonstop flights!
Seattle CityPASS: 47% Off Admission to Popular Attractions
With the Seattle CityPASS, you can save 47 percent off the price of admission to Seattle's top tourist attractions compared to the combined regular prices.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Days Inn: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Don't just take the first price you're quoted: If you're a member of AARP or an auto club, are 60 or older, work for the government, or are traveling with a group, you can request additional savings.
Days Inn: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower rate for the same hotel and date on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Days Inn will match the rate and add a 10 percent discount.
Hyatt: Perks, Savings With Your AmEx Card
When you pay for a room at participating Hyatt hotels with an American Express card, you get more out of your stay.
Kimpton Hotels: Up to 10 Percent Off for AAA Members
If you're a AAA member, you can request up to 10 percent off Kimpton's room rate.
Kimpton Hotels: Perks for Hybrid Car Drivers
Hybrid car owners, or those renting a hybrid car, should look to Kimpton's Hybrid Parking Promotion for special money-saving deals.
Washington Travel Advice See All Washington Travel Advice
- 10 Relaxing Resorts Where You Can Warm Up This Winter From the pink sands of Bermuda to the hot springs of Whistler, take off to these 10 resorts where relaxing, reenergizing, and healing are the only things on your radar.
- 10 Best Small Towns for the Holidays From Alaska to Florida and nearly everywhere in between, these towns and villages are perfect for Christmas.
- 10 Iconic American Public-Transit Rides Certain public-transit rides offer a lot more than plain conveyance. Great scenery, technological innovation, and historical significance await on ferries and funiculars around the U.S.
- 10 Most Romantic Coastal Destinations From the rugged Pacific Northwest to sophisticated California, from cultured New England to laid-back Florida, we've rounded up some of our favorite coastal destinations perfect for getting your romance on.
- 10 Idyllic Lakes for an End-of-Summer Escape When summer temps blaze, nothing beats running off the end of the dock and plunging cannonball-style into the lake. These 10 iconic American lake destinations are perfect escapes.
- 10 Secret Seaside Escapes for Summertime At these 10 lesser-known seaside escapes throughout the U.S. and Canada, you'll see heaps of harbor seals, breathe in the aroma of a lavender farm, and taste famous fried clams between jaunts to the beach. When you're here, it feels like summer really could last forever.