Cheaper Amtrak tickets and more time to explore your destination—Amtrak’s Night Owl fares are a win-win. Amtrak recently expanded these ultra-cheap fares (priced as low as $5) to more times and routes, making it even more convenient to travel for less.
“Travelers returning from concerts, plays, sporting events or who prefer earlier and later departures can take advantage of these lower rates,” said a spokesperson for Amtrak.
The inexpensive tickets are available on select trains for departures between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. Travelers can find the $5 fares on journeys between Washington, D.C. and New York City and New York City and Boston.
Four bags (two personal items and two suitcases) are included in the fare.
The discounted tickets are subject to availability, so book early to have the best chance of finding one.
Sample Night Owl Fares
One-way coach class fares are priced starting at:
- Philadelphia – Baltimore/BWI: $5
- New York – Newark/Newark Liberty: $5
- Washington – Baltimore/BWI: $5
- Boston – Providence: $5
- New York – Philadelphia: $10
- Philadelphia – Washington: $10
- Providence – New Haven: $10
- Boston – New Haven: $15
- New York – Baltimore/BWI: $15
- Washington – Newark/Newark Liberty: $15
- New York – Washington: $20
- Boston – New York: $20
You Might Also Like:• The 6 Best Places to Travel in January 2024
• Amazon Prime Offers $25 Flights to Students This Holiday Season
• This SOS Hotline Helps Stranded Holiday Travelers Book Hotels
• This Airline Will Let Passengers Pay to Have an Empty Seat Next to Them
• Is The Venture X Credit Card Worth It?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.