Switzerland Travel GuideWhen to visit Switzerland
Switzerland experiences mild temperatures throughout the year, making nearly anytime ideal for exploring culture, history, food, or outdoor activities. The most popular time to visit is during the warm summer months. Although winter temperatures might drop just below freezing, most days are ideal for skiing or other snow sports.
Editors' Picks: Switzerland DealsSee All Switzerland Travel Deals
$709+ R/T Europe Fall Flights with Lufthansa
More than 400 routes are included, with destinations such as Athens, Berlin, Prague, and Moscow.
Receive Free Perks with Swiss Rail Pass
Rail Europe's latest promotion features some pretty cool freebies with purchase of an eight-day Swiss rail pass.
Free Ticket to Paris, Plus Other Rail Deals
Rail Europe is offering a round-trip to Paris with a Swiss Pass, and Amtrak and VIA Rail both have limited-time deals in North America.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Free Fares for Kids on Swiss Rail Service
When parents purchase a "Swiss Pass" for rail travel in Switzerland, they can request a free "Swiss Family Card," that allows children ages six through 15 to ride for no charge. Kids under six always ride free.
Switzerland Travel Advice See All Switzerland Travel Advice
- Explore the Outdoors by Hopping from Inn to Inn Leave your car behind and discover the delights of fall and early winter as you journey from inn to inn by bike, foot, horse, skis, or snowshoes, among fall foliage in Vermont, in the wine country of Italy, or between volcanoes in Ecuador.
- Seven Epic Walking Trails Around the World If your preferred mode of travel involves sturdy boots and hiking poles, here are seven long-distance trails you shouldn't miss.
- 10 European Gems That Tourists Haven't Discovered (Yet) Ten undiscovered spots in Europe that are still delightfully crowd-free.
- 10 Cool Nature Retreats with Unbelievable Views Where do you go when you want to get away from it all? How about one of these 10 wild nature retreats with million-dollar views?
- 10 Places in Europe You Never Thought You Could Afford Here's how to experience London, Paris, Venice, and other delightful European destinations for a whole lot less than the average traveler.
- World's Most Overpriced Travel Destinations Think of your vacation budget. Now add a few zeros. Excellent, now you're ready for the world's most overpriced travel destinations, places with tremendous appeal and intimidating price tags.