Switzerland Travel GuideWhen to visit Switzerland
Switzerland experiences mild temperatures throughout the year, making nearly anytime ideal for exploring culture, history, food, or outdoor activities. The most popular time to visit is during the warm summer months. Although winter temperatures might drop just below freezing, most days are ideal for skiing or other snow sports.
Editors' Picks: Switzerland DealsSee All Switzerland Travel Deals
$580+ R/T Europe Winter Sale
Winter flights to Budapest, Frankfurt, Moscow, Rome, and many others are on sale from Air France.
Receive Free Perks with Swiss Rail Pass
Rail Europe's latest promotion features some pretty cool freebies with purchase of an eight-day Swiss rail pass.
Free Ticket to Paris, Plus Other Rail Deals
Rail Europe is offering a round-trip to Paris with a Swiss Pass, and Amtrak and VIA Rail both have limited-time deals in North America.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Free Fares for Kids on Swiss Rail Service
When parents purchase a "Swiss Pass" for rail travel in Switzerland, they can request a free "Swiss Family Card," that allows children ages six through 15 to ride for no charge. Kids under six always ride free.
Switzerland Travel Advice See All Switzerland Travel Advice
- 10 Incredible Ski Resorts Around the World World-class skiing is just the tip of the iceberg at these 10 cool resorts where natural hot springs, indoor water parks, scenic gondolas, and romantic sleigh rides entice even non-skiers for a winter stay.
- 10 Picture-Perfect Mountain Towns to See in Winter There's something impossibly charming about a mountain town in winter. From Colorado to Japan, here are 10 off-the-beaten-path hamlets that are especially enchanting during wintertime.
- How to Get High in Europe Psssst, wanna get high? Sorry, stoners, not that kind of high. We're talking about Europe's best vantage points for amazing views you simply can't get on the ground floor.
- 10 Terrifying Bridges You Need to See to Believe If you suffer from gephyrophobia (fear of bridges), click away now. From bridges so frightening that people will pay someone else to drive their car across to bridges that are just plain dangerous, these 10 bridges are the world's scariest. Are you brave enough to make it to the end of this story?
- 10 Best National Parks Around the World If you love exotic wildlife, ancient ruins, and otherworldly scenery, you might want to add these 10 foreign national parks to your bucket list.
Find the Perfect Switzerland Trip. Save up to $400 per couple!