Popular Oregon DestinationsSee all 429
Oregon Travel GuideWhen to visit Oregon
Oregon has two distinct climate regions, divided by the Cascade Mountains. The eastern half of the state is typically warmer and drier than the western coastal areas. The most popular time to visit is during the summer, when the weather is mostly dry and sunny throughout the state. The spring and fall may see more rain than the summer, but prices are lower and there are fewer crowds. Winters also bring rain, but many people visit for skiing, snowboarding, whale watching, and festivals.
Editors' Picks: Oregon DealsSee All Oregon Travel Deals
Microtel: Stay Three Consecutive Nights, Save 30 Percent
Book and stay for at least three consecutive nights at a participating Microtel Inn and Suites property, and save 30 percent off your stay.
Motel 6: Extended-Stay Discounts
If you're looking for accommodations for a longer period of time, Studio 6 offers rooms for extended stays. Weekly rates start at $199; monthly rates are available from $699.
Motel 6: Senior Discounts
For guests 60 and older, Motel 6 offers a 10 percent senior discount. If you're traveling with grandkids ages 18 or younger, they can stay free when sharing your room.
Country Inns & Suites: 25 Percent Off with Advance Purchase
Get up to 25 percent off at Country Inns & Suites when you book 14 days in advance.
Country Inns & Suites: Shop and Save
For shoppers, Country Inns & Suites offers various shopping packages that include gift cards to local retailers.
Westin: Free Night with Three Nights or More
Stay for three or four nights and receive your last night free. Stay six nights and your last two nights are free. Book and stay by December 31, 2012.
Oregon Travel Advice See All Oregon Travel Advice
- 10 Historical Lighthouses to See This Summer Feast your eyes on photos of 10 gorgeous and historical American lighthouses.
- 10 Secret Seaside Escapes for Summertime At these 10 lesser-known seaside escapes throughout the U.S. and Canada, you'll see heaps of harbor seals, breathe in the aroma of a lavender farm, and taste famous fried clams between jaunts to the beach. When you're here, it feels like summer really could last forever.
- 10 Campgrounds for an Unforgettable Summer Vacation We've rounded up 10 unique campgrounds where you can tuck into the Appalachian forest like a hobbit, sleep on top of boulders beneath a starry sky, and wake up on a barrier island where wild horses roam the beaches. At these unforgettable sites, you're sure to be a happy camper.
- 10 Best Value Destinations in the U.S. Which U.S. travel destinations give you the best value for your vacation dollars? Find out.
- 10 Hidden Hot Springs You Can Have All to Yourself Nothing beats a warm soak outside on a crisp day. You'll have to ramble down dirt roads, hike into canyons, and cross suspension bridges to get to these hidden hot springs. But the effort will make the "ahhh" even sweeter when you finally slip into a steamy bath set in the middle of a thick forest or beneath the glittery Milky Way. Here are 10 of our favorites in the U.S. and Canada.
- 10 National Parks That Are Better in Winter We tracked down wintry pleasures worth bundling up for at 10 great national parks. Read on to find out where you can see snow beards on bison, venture out on the best ranger-led snowshoe walks, stargaze some of the country's darkest skies, and snorkel in glorious denial.