Popular Italy DestinationsSee all 2474
Italy Travel GuideAbout Italy
Though the Roman Empire fell in 476 AD, Italy has remained a major influence worldwide on everything including food, wine, art, fashion, and religion. Travelers in search of their personal "dolce vita" have 20 regions from which to choose.When to visit Italy
Italy has a temperate climate that varies by region and season. Although the most popular time to visit is during the warm summer months, winter can also be a busy time for ski areas. The spring and fall feature mild temperatures and fewer crowds. Spring is often the best time to find deals.Cheap Italy travel
Italy can be an expensive destination, but there are ways to cut down on airfare, hotel, and transportation costs.
Editors' Picks: Italy DealsSee All Italy Travel Deals
Ed Perkins' Flash Sale Picks: California, Paris, and More
Here's a sampling of some of the more intriguing deals available through flash-sale sites this week, including Paris from $224 per night, a California B&B from $189 for two nights, and more.
London and Rome Package Deal from $979*
Cover two capital cities in six nights for just $979, including all airfare.
Le Meridien: Choose Free Breakfast, Room Discounts, More
Travelers staying at Le Meridien hotels can choose from the following offers: breakfast for two and a late check-out, up to 35 percent off your daily room rate, or free nights.
Best Western: 30 Percent Off Early Bookings in Europe
Save up to 30 percent off your stay at Best Western hotels throughout Europe when you book 21 days in advance.
Italy Travel Advice See All Italy Travel Advice
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.
- Explore the Outdoors by Hopping from Inn to Inn Leave your car behind and discover the delights of fall and early winter as you journey from inn to inn by bike, foot, horse, skis, or snowshoes, among fall foliage in Vermont, in the wine country of Italy, or between volcanoes in Ecuador.
- Seven Epic Walking Trails Around the World If your preferred mode of travel involves sturdy boots and hiking poles, here are seven long-distance trails you shouldn't miss.
- How to Snack Like a Local in Europe With so much food in the world to try, every traveler needs an excuse to snack between meals.
- 15 World Heritage Sites You Haven't Heard of Yet UNESCO has granted coveted World Heritage status to a number of noteworthy and fascinating sites around the world. Here are 15 of the newest additions.