Popular Italy DestinationsSee all 2474
Italy Travel GuideAbout Italy
Though the Roman Empire fell in 476 AD, Italy has remained a major influence worldwide on everything including food, wine, art, fashion, and religion. Travelers in search of their personal "dolce vita" have 20 regions from which to choose.When to visit Italy
Italy has a temperate climate that varies by region and season. Although the most popular time to visit is during the warm summer months, winter can also be a busy time for ski areas. The spring and fall feature mild temperatures and fewer crowds. Spring is often the best time to find deals.Cheap Italy travel
Italy can be an expensive destination, but there are ways to cut down on airfare, hotel, and transportation costs.
Editors' Picks: Italy DealsSee All Italy Travel Deals
Ed Perkins' Flash Sale Picks: California, Paris, and More
Here's a sampling of some of the more intriguing deals available through flash-sale sites this week, including Paris from $224 per night, a California B&B from $189 for two nights, and more.
London and Rome Package Deal from $979*
Cover two capital cities in six nights for just $979, including all airfare.
Le Meridien: Choose Free Breakfast, Room Discounts, More
Travelers staying at Le Meridien hotels can choose from the following offers: breakfast for two and a late check-out, up to 35 percent off your daily room rate, or free nights.
Best Western: 30 Percent Off Early Bookings in Europe
Save up to 30 percent off your stay at Best Western hotels throughout Europe when you book 21 days in advance.
Italy Travel Advice See All Italy Travel Advice
- Destinations to Watch in 2015 Ready for a vacation that makes the most of 2015? Here's where it's at in the coming year.
- Going to the Source: Tasting Italian Delicacies Where They're Made Some of the most famous Italian foods come from the Emilia-Romagna region. Here's where you should go to sample them.
- Truly Authentic Cultural Food Experiences Around the World Immerse yourself in local culinary traditions on your next trip. These 10 cultural food experiences will give you a truly authentic taste of some mouthwatering destinations around the world.
- 10 Hotels Where You Can Truly Get Away from It All If you take your solitude with a healthy dose of natural beauty, these incredibly remote hotels are worth the trek.
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.