Popular China DestinationsSee all 520
China Travel GuideAbout China
China is a diverse country, comprised of more than one-fifth of the world's population and a history that dates back 5,000 years. Its major cities and rural attractions draw visitors from around the globe.When to visit China
Because of its large size, China has extremely different climates from region to region. The best time to go in the south isn't necessarily the best time to go in the north. China has a large population, which contributes to crowds, particularly in major cities and during events and holidays. However, when the crowds are sparse, low prices are more prevalent.
Editors' Picks: China DealsSee All China Travel Deals
$778+ R/T Sale to China, Japan, Korea, and Beyond
Explore Asia with these sale fares to China, Japan, the Philippines, and Vietnam, among a few other countries.
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
A Week in Beijing and Shanghai, from $983*
Spend a week seeing the best of China for under $1,000 -- including airfare!
China Travel Advice See All China Travel Advice
- Travel Back in Time to These Amazing Ancient Cities The world's oldest cities are once-in-a-lifetime destinations. Read on to be transported to 10 ancient cities where you can take part in age-old rituals and learn about the legends that have been passed down for more generations than you can ever fathom.
- 10 Scenic River Cruises Anyone Will Love Small-ship river cruises put you right in the heart of the country you're visiting. Here are 10 of our favorites from around the world.
- Incredible Free Museums Around the World Jetting around the world isn't free, but cultural enrichment can be. We uncovered 10 incredible museums, from Paris to Beijing, where cultural discovery is rich but admission is free for all.
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- Seven Epic Walking Trails Around the World If your preferred mode of travel involves sturdy boots and hiking poles, here are seven long-distance trails you shouldn't miss.