Popular China DestinationsSee all 520
China Travel GuideAbout China
China is a diverse country, comprised of more than one-fifth of the world's population and a history that dates back 5,000 years. Its major cities and rural attractions draw visitors from around the globe.When to visit China
Because of its large size, China has extremely different climates from region to region. The best time to go in the south isn't necessarily the best time to go in the north. China has a large population, which contributes to crowds, particularly in major cities and during events and holidays. However, when the crowds are sparse, low prices are more prevalent.
Editors' Picks: China DealsSee All China Travel Deals
Worldwide Airfare Sale from $644+ R/T
Australia, China, India, Taiwan, and other exotic destinations are on sale from Cathay Pacific.
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
A Week in Beijing and Shanghai, from $983*
Spend a week seeing the best of China for under $1,000 -- including airfare!
China Travel Advice See All China Travel Advice
- 10 Best New Adventure Travel Trips of 2014 This year's best new adventures include volcano trekking in Indonesia, tracking gorillas in the Congo, following a pilgrim trail through the Pyrenees, and seeking enlightenment in Japan's most remote alpine temples.
- 10 Far-Off Destinations at the Edge of the World
- 10 Great Tours You Can Take on a Layover A long layover doesn't have to be an exercise in boredom. Make the most of your extended stay by escaping the airport and checking out a new destination with these incredible tours (some are free)!
- 7 Scenic Roads Too Terrifying to Drive Forget about your seat belt: You might want to strap into a parachute for some of these dizzying and dangerous roads. We hear there are some killer views. (Literally!)
- 10 Terrifying Bridges You Need to See to Believe If you suffer from gephyrophobia (fear of bridges), click away now. From bridges so frightening that people will pay someone else to drive their car across to bridges that are just plain dangerous, these 10 bridges are the world's scariest. Are you brave enough to make it to the end of this story?
- World's Best Treetop Hotels Bored with the view from the penthouse suite? Take your vacation to the next level by staying in one of these treetop hotels where you can finally live out your childhood Swiss Family