Popular California DestinationsSee all 1380
California Travel GuideWhen to visit California
California has a varied landscape and climate that attracts visitors year-round. The most popular time to travel to California tends to be in the summer, but winter also attracts visitors to ski areas and warmer destinations. Spring and fall offer temperate weather and are generally less expensive, especially for mid-week travel.
Editors' Picks: California DealsSee All California Travel Deals
Summer Flights on JetBlue from $43+ O/W
The peak travel season is discounted through May 6.
$49+ O/W Spring Flights on Alaska
Included in the offer are sale flights mostly within the western portion to U.S., including Anchorage, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Portland.
$138+ R/T Spring Sale on American
Updated and now valid through Thursday, the legendary carrier extends its sale a few extra days.
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Travelodge: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
Book a stay for at least three consecutive nights at Travelodge and you will receive 20 percent off the best available rate at participating hotels. Breakfast is also included in your stay.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
California Travel Advice See All California Travel Advice
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- 10 Totally Unique (or Wacky) Ways to Travel Road trip? Been there. Caribbean cruise? Done that. Simply jetting off for the weekend? Yawn. Ditch that everyday vacation and, instead, embark on a truly wild adventure. We've uncovered 10 kinds of wacky, totally unique ways to see the world, from horse caravans through Ireland to rocket-ship rides through space, perfect for giving your travel bug a bit of pick-me-up.
- 10 Hidden Hot Springs You Can Have All to Yourself Nothing beats a warm soak outside on a crisp day. You'll have to ramble down dirt roads, hike into canyons, and cross suspension bridges to get to these hidden hot springs. But the effort will make the "ahhh" even sweeter when you finally slip into a steamy bath set in the middle of a thick forest or beneath the glittery Milky Way. Here are 10 of our favorites in the U.S. and Canada.
- 10 National Parks That Are Better in Winter We tracked down wintry pleasures worth bundling up for at 10 great national parks. Read on to find out where you can see snow beards on bison, venture out on the best ranger-led snowshoe walks, stargaze some of the country's darkest skies, and snorkel in glorious denial.
- 7 Best Las Vegas Day Trips Sick of the Strip? Need a break from the debauchery? Here are seven great day trips you can take from Las Vegas.
- 7 Notoriously Expensive Destinations (and How to Go for Cheap) Here are some tips and tricks for stretching your dollars, pounds, and yen in seven notoriously pricey places around the world.