Popular California DestinationsSee all 1380
California Travel GuideWhen to visit California
California has a varied landscape and climate that attracts visitors year-round. The most popular time to travel to California tends to be in the summer, but winter also attracts visitors to ski areas and warmer destinations. Spring and fall offer temperate weather and are generally less expensive, especially for mid-week travel.
Editors' Picks: California DealsSee All California Travel Deals
$59+ O/W U.S. and International Summer-Flights Sale
Flights to Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Mazatlan headline this new sale. Book by July 6!
Europe Flights on United from $850+ R/T
Ditch the crowds and peak season's high rates by doing Europe during the shoulder season. Fall flights to Berlin, Dublin, London, Zurich, and more than a couple dozen other European routes are on sale with United.
$49+ O/W Virgin America Sale Flights
Travel at the lowest prices is valid on select dates between September and November.
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
Howard Johnson: Discounts for AARP, Auto Club Members, More
Depending on your membership or demographic, you may qualify for a discount at select Howard Johnson hotels. Get up to 20 percent off your room rate.
California Travel Advice See All California Travel Advice
- Top 10 Beaches in the U.S. We have the perfect sunny cure for your winter-weather gloominess. TripAdvisor, our parent site, just released its 2015 Travelers' Choice Awards for Best Beaches.
- 10 Relaxing Resorts Where You Can Warm Up This Winter From the pink sands of Bermuda to the hot springs of Whistler, take off to these 10 resorts where relaxing, reenergizing, and healing are the only things on your radar.
- 10 Most Indulgent Brunch Spots Ever Brunch: the meal you have when you don't want breakfast and you don't want lunch ... or you just rolled out of bed and missed both. But the usual eggs-and-coffee rigmarole can get old. So we rounded up the craziest, most ridiculous, most indulgent brunch spots in America, from Champagne-soaked dance parties to bottomless tacos.
- Rustic Ski Lodges Even Nonskiers Will Love Go easy on your budget this winter and skip the high-priced, high-gloss ski-resort vacation. These 10 rustic ski resorts throughout the U.S. and Canada are cozy, affordable places to make memories with family and friends.
- Best Beaches to Keep the Winter Blues Away Dreaming of a warm escape? Relief is a lot closer than you think. These U.S. beaches, from romantic getaways to family-friendly islands, are certain to take the bite out of winter's chill.