Popular California DestinationsSee all 1380
California Travel GuideWhen to visit California
California has a varied landscape and climate that attracts visitors year-round. The most popular time to travel to California tends to be in the summer, but winter also attracts visitors to ski areas and warmer destinations. Spring and fall offer temperate weather and are generally less expensive, especially for mid-week travel.
Editors' Picks: California DealsSee All California Travel Deals
$59+ O/W Airfare Sales Nationwide Through May
Three major airlines have discounted most routes through May 21 of next year.
Motel 6: Seven-Night-Stay Discounts
If you're going to be traveling for a week or longer, Motel 6 has discounts for extended trips. Savings are applied automatically when you make a reservation for seven nights or more.
Travelodge: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
Book a stay for at least three consecutive nights at Travelodge and you will receive 20 percent off the best available rate at participating hotels. Breakfast is also included in your stay.
Hampton Inn: Shop-and-Drop Packages
Need a shopping break? Hampton Inn's Shop-and-Drop Package includes accommodations for up to four people, a coupon book for a local mall/outlet or gift certificate to a nearby store, and hot breakfast per person.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
Howard Johnson: Discounts for AARP, Auto Club Members, More
Depending on your membership or demographic, you may qualify for a discount at select Howard Johnson hotels. Get up to 20 percent off your room rate.
California Travel Advice See All California Travel Advice
- Eight Worst Airports for Holiday Flights With offerings that range from the most abysmal record for on-time flights to the worst amenities and longest security lines, these awful airports are the ones to avoid at all costs, especially during the holidays.
- America's 10 Busiest Airports The U.S. has some of the world's busiest airports, and you'll probably have to cope with at least one of them, and sometimes two, on an upcoming trip.
- 10 Great Wine-Region Getaways for Fall Autumn is prime time to tour the vineyards that dot the nation's every corner, when temperatures are cool and foliage is at its most flamboyant. From the rocky coast of New England to the lush valleys of Washington State, find grape-stomping events, harvest festivals, cook-offs, and more. Here are 10 wine destinations to get your (grape) juices flowing.
- 10 Best Fall Foliage Train Rides in North America Hop aboard a train for leaf peeping this fall and leave the driving to someone else. These 10 affordable fall foliage train rides give terrific views of brilliant pockets of color throughout North America.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Fall 2013 Take advantage of autumn's perfect combination of pleasant weather and great deals with a trip to one of our top five bargain destinations this season.
Stay & Play at Pebble Beach - World Famous Golf & Resort. Book Today
Millions of titles, new & used. Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.