Caribbean Travel GuideWhen to visit the Caribbean
Most Caribbean islands are warm, year-round destinations. However, the most popular time to visit in general is from December 15 through April 15, when people from the north want to escape cold winters. Some islands popular with honeymooners can see high visitation during the summer months as well. The rest of the year, from mid-April through mid-December, is typically less busy. This time can be an ideal time to visit due to fewer crowds, more availability, and cheaper prices, although hurricanes can sometimes pose a threat.
Editors' Picks: Caribbean DealsSee All Caribbean Travel Deals
$789 -- Riviera Maya: 3-Night Vacations
Plus, hotel transfers are included, and one child 12 and under stays and eats for free.
$43+ O/W JetBlue Winter/Spring Flights
JetBlue's everyday fare listing, its "Deals to Go," has discounted flights to various U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.
4th Night Free Plus Perks With Your Puerto Rico Hotel Stay
Save on your stay at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in scenic Puerto Rico.
$935 -- Montego Bay: 4-Night All-Inclusive Vacations
This deal includes round-trip airfare, accommodations, hotel transfers, meals, and more.
$999 -- Ocho Rios: 4-Night All-Inclusive Vacations
Includes all-inclusive stays at the Riu Ocho Rios.
7 Nights for the Price of 5 at Wyndham Hotels
Wyndham's "Stay 7 Nights & Get 2 of Them Free" offer allows you to stay for seven nights at the price of five.
Family Packages with Perks, Savings at Sonesta
Taking a family vacation? Sonesta offers family packages at many of its locations. Packages feature extras that include breakfast, tickets to local attractions, and room upgrades.
Up to 30% Off Advance Purchase at Holiday Inn
If you know your travel plans aren't going to change, you can save by booking and prepaying in advance. Holiday Inn has advance purchase rates that offer up to 20 percent off room prices.
Antigua: Luxury All-Inclusive Vacations from $1,485
Pleasant Holidays is featuring three-night air-inclusive vacations to Antigua from $1,485 per person.
Carnival's Last-Minute Travel Deals From $289
Carnival Cruise Lines' website lists cruises with prices starting at $289, mostly for departures within the next few weeks.
Caribbean Travel Advice See All Caribbean Travel Advice
- 7 Caribbean Destinations on a Budget After dropping half your paycheck on Christmas gifts, a post-holiday vacation may seem like a stretch. But in the Caribbean, chic, affordable stays are becoming as common as powdery sands, swaying palm trees and crystal blue waters.
- Fitness and Health Vacations You'll Want to Do in 2016 If you thought you'd seen it all, wait till you see what some hotels have planned for the year to come.
- The 3 Most Festive Christmas Destinations in the World Some Christmas destinations are magnificent enough to make us wonder if there really is no place like home for the holidays.
- I Was Afraid of Heights Until I Rappelled Into a Rainforest Cave in Puerto Rico "I thought I was prepared to overcome my fears until I found myself on a precipice, 120 feet over churning water. Carpe diem is sometimes easier said than done."
- 16 Things You Think You Know About Cuba That Aren't Actually True We had no idea just how little we truly knew about Cuba before we arrived.
5 Places Where the World's Cutest Animals Have it All Figured Out
If pigs could fly, they'd hop a plane to one of these five destinations. From an island of bunnies to a festival where it's very good to be a dog, here's where to go if you're in the market for cuteness overload.