Popular Canada DestinationsSee all 1522
Canada Travel GuideWhen to visit Canada
Canada is a large country, with seasonality that varies by province. However, there is a common theme: four distinct seasons with hot summers, cold winters, and moderate spring and fall temperatures. Summer tends to be the most popular time to visit, while winter is the least busy, except for ski areas. Spring and fall are often good times to find a mix of pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and lower prices.
Editors' Picks: Canada DealsSee All Canada Travel Deals
Dollar: 15 Percent Off Car Rentals in Canada
At participating locations in Canada, receive up to 15 percent off when you pay for your weeklong rental car with AmEx plastic.
Budget: 35 Percent Off Prepaid Car Rentals
Budget's ongoing Pay Now promotion offers discounts of up to 35 percent off a car rental.
Thrifty: Regional and International Specials This Season
Thrifty has deals for different regions around the U.S., Europe, Latin America, Canada; plus, business travelers.
Alamo: Free Upgrades on Compact to Mid-size Cars
Save money with a free upgrade on Alamo car rentals through mid-August.
Receive Half Off Train Tickets in Canada
See Canada's spectacular scenery by rail this summer and enjoy discounted ticket prices. VIA Rail Canada is offering 50 percent off regular high-season fares on routes throughout the country.
Novotel: Advance Booking Discounts
If you're willing to prepay for your stay, you can save at Novotel. Make reservations at least 21 days in advance to request discounted rates.
Novotel: Free Breakfast, Late Checkout, & More for Families
Lodging and breakfast are free for two children under 16 when they stay in their parents' room. Families are also offered late 5 p.m. check-out on Sundays and can book a second room at half price.
Novotel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Novotel will give you that rate minus an additional 10 percent.
Howard Johnson: Discounts for AARP, Auto Club Members, More
Depending on your membership or demographic, you may qualify for a discount at select Howard Johnson hotels. Get up to 20 percent off your room rate.
W Hotels: Free Parking and Cocktails
Book the Play package at participating W hotels and receive two cocktails and daily parking with your stay. This offer is valid on stays through December 31, 2012. Advance reservations are required.
Canada Travel Advice See All Canada Travel Advice
- 10 Scenic River Cruises Anyone Will Love Small-ship river cruises put you right in the heart of the country you're visiting. Here are 10 of our favorites from around the world.
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- Explore the Outdoors by Hopping from Inn to Inn Leave your car behind and discover the delights of fall and early winter as you journey from inn to inn by bike, foot, horse, skis, or snowshoes, among fall foliage in Vermont, in the wine country of Italy, or between volcanoes in Ecuador.
- World's Most Beautiful Bike Trails Cycling vacations aren't just for top-tier athletes. Many of the world's most beautiful bike trails take in the countryside on gentle paths that favor scenery over strenuous pedaling. For this list of beautiful bike trails around the world, we selected routes that can be done in days or weeks, depending on your level of commitment. Bonus: You won't feel guilty sampling the local cuisine after you've spent a day burning calories on a bike trail.
- 10 Secret Seaside Escapes for Summertime At these 10 lesser-known seaside escapes throughout the U.S. and Canada, you'll see heaps of harbor seals, breathe in the aroma of a lavender farm, and taste famous fried clams between jaunts to the beach. When you're here, it feels like summer really could last forever.
- Amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites in North America Think UNESCO World Heritage spots are all far, far away? Think again. We've picked a few that are practically in your own backyard, from Pennsylvania to Puerto Rico and beyond.