Still haven’t booked a vacation, or curious about what other travelers are doing this summer? Synchrony Financial put together some initial data together on summer 2016’s travel forecast that might help.
With low gas prices, more and more Americans are hitting the road and utilizing their vacation days. This week kicks off the start of summer—here’s how your fellow Americans are traveling.
Where People Are Going
- 31 percent are going somewhere tropical
- 19 percent are traveling abroad
- 41 percent are camping
- 18 percent are cruising
- 39 percent are going to domestic beaches
How People Are Traveling
- 68 percent say they will take a vacation, compared to 58 percent last year
- 69 percent say they will travel by car
- 70 percent say gas prices are better compared to last year
- 54 percent say low gas prices are impacting their choice of transportation
So, if you’re planning on hitting the road this summer, you’ll likely hit some large crowds; but at least Americans are finally starting to use their vacation days!
You Tell Us: Where are you planning on traveling this summer?
More from SmarterTravel:
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.