It’s no secret that air travel is stressful this summer, especially in Europe. The situation is so bad that London Heathrow Airport recently capped the number of passengers allowed to fly from the airport at 100,000 per day until September 11, asking airlines to reduce their ticket sales. Yet, Heathrow isn’t even the worst airport to travel from this summer.
According to a study by travel site Hopper, Brussels Airport in Belgium is the worst airport to fly from if you’re hoping for an on-time departure. Out of all flights departing the airport in July 2022, only 25 percent left as scheduled.
10 Worst European Airports for Flight Delays in July 2022
- Brussels Airport (BRU): 72% delayed, 2.5% canceled
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA): 68% delayed, 7.8% canceled
- Eindhoven Airport (EIN): 67% delayed, 1.8% canceled
- Luton Airport (LTN): 66% delayed, 2.7% canceled
- Liszt Ferenc International Airport (BUD): 65% delayed, 2.1% canceled
- Lisbon Airport (LIS): 65% delayed, 4.8% canceled
- Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG): 62% delayed, 3.1% canceled
- Schiphol Airport (AMS): 61% delayed, 5.2% canceled
- Cote D’Azur Airport (NCE): 60% delayed, 3.4% canceled
- Gatwick Airport (LGW): 59% delayed, 1.4% canceled
If you can, try to fly from one of these European airports instead, which have seen the least amount of delays and cancellations this summer.
10 Best European Airports for On-Time Flights (July 2022)
- Bergamo/Orio al Serio Airport (BGY): 3% delayed, 1.0% canceled
- Gran Canaria Airport (LPA): 8% delayed, 0.3% canceled
- Otopeni International Airport (OTP): 10% delayed, 1.7% canceled
- Dublin International Airport (DUB): 15% delayed, 1.6% canceled
- Fontanarossa Airport (CTA): 16% delayed, 1.1% canceled
- Adolfo Suarez-Barajas Airport (MAD): 19% delayed, 0.4% canceled
- Alicante Airport (ALC): 20% delayed, 3.4% canceled
- Marseille Airport (MRS): 20% delayed, 2.0% canceled
- Orly Field (ORY): 21% delayed, 1.2% canceled
- Malaga Airport (AGP): 24% delayed, 3.3% canceled
You Might Also Like:• 8 Surprising Things You Didn’t Know About TSA PreCheck & Global Entry
• Is It Possible to Open the Door on a Plane Mid Flight?
• Southwest Airlines Experiments With New Boarding Processes
• Air New Zealand Will Offer Lie-Flat Economy Seats Next Year
• Do I Have to Recheck My Baggage on a Connecting Flight?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...