In case the mouthwatering cuisine, stunning scenery, and ancient architecture weren’t enough to entice you to visit Italy, one Italian region will now pay for your ticket to visit.
Tucked away in the northeast corner of Italy, the Friuli Venezia Giulia region borders Austria, Slovenia and the Adriatic Sea. Despite the breathtaking Dolomite views, award-winning vineyards, and beautiful beaches, this area of the country doesn’t see nearly as many tourists as more popular regions.
In an effort to draw more visitors to this hidden gem, Friuli Venezia Giulia’s tourism board will refund train tickets for people coming to visit now through May 31, plus throw in a free FGVcard, which offers discounts and free tickets to public transportation and popular attractions.
In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll have to do the following:
- Book the package directly through Travel One Tour Operator
- Stay overnight in a participating property in Grado, Lignano Sabbiadoro, Udine or Trieste
- Take a Trenitalia train to the region from Latisana-Lignano-Bibione, Cervignano-Aquileia-Grado, Trieste Airport, Trieste Centrale, or Udine.
- Travel before May 31, 2023.
You Might Also Like:• The Ultimate Cranmore Mountain Resort Travel Guide
• Can You Bring Batteries on Planes?
• The 14 Best Vacation Rental Sites for Travelers in 2024
• Where to Find Premium Airfare Deals on First Class and Business Class
• Mexico Passport Requirements: Do I Need a Passport to Go to Mexico?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.