There are many, many promotions. But there are only a few really, really good ones.
In this monthly roundup, we highlight the five most lucrative offers currently available to members of airline and hotel loyalty programs.
(Promotions are listed in alphabetical order.)
1. Special Las Vegas Room Rates for OnePass Members
Members of [[Continental Airlines | Continental’s]] OnePass program can take advantage of specially discounted room rates at Las Vegas’ Golden Nugget through May 31. Depending on stay dates, South Tower rooms are priced between $39 and $59. Discounted upgrades to better rooms are also on offer.
2. Bonus for Combining Delta, Northwest Accounts
In the run-up to merging the [[Delta Air Lines | Delta]] SkyMiles and [[Northwest Airlines | Northwest]] WorldPerks programs later this year, members of both programs can now [% 2825283 | | link their accounts %] and transfer miles back and forth between them.
Adding value to the convenience: There’s a 500-mile bonus for members who link their accounts before March 15.
3. Bonuses From Most Major Hotel Programs
If you’re planning one or more hotel stays through this month and next, there are bonus points and airline miles on offer from most of the larger hotel chains.
- Current promotions from Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental, Marriott, and Starwood are described [% 2811432 | | here %].
- Best Western’s latest double-points offer is [% 2829608 | | here %].
- Carlson Hotels (Regent, Radisson, Park Plaza, Country Inns & Suites, and Park Inn) is offering members of goldpoints plus 3,000 bonus points after staying three nights at participating hotel through April 30.
- Choice is offering a free night after two stays. Details are [% 2828325 | | here %].
- And Wyndham’s double-points/double-miles offer is [% 2813412 | | here %].
In all, the promotions from these nine hotel groups include bonuses at more than 20,000 hotels, at every price point, all over the world.
4. Earn Up to 10,000 Midwest Bonus Miles
Through March 31, [[Midwest Airlines | Midwest]] is offering up to [% 2807001 | | 10,000 bonus miles %] for flights on Midwest and Midwest Connect—2,000 bonus miles for the first round-trip, 3,000 for the second, and 5,000 bonus miles for the third round-trip. Program members must register before flying to earn the bonuses.
5. 1,000 Bonus Miles for Joining US Airways’ Program
If you’re not already a member of the [[US Airways]] Dividend Miles program, there’s never been a better time to join: The airline is currently offering a 1,000-mile sign-up bonus for new members.
(While this is an easy 1,000 miles, I don’t recommend bothering unless you realistically expect to participate in the program. Keeping track of orphan miles in peripheral programs is a time-waster at best.)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.