There are many, many promotions. But there are only a few really, really good ones.
In this monthly roundup, we highlight the five most lucrative offers currently available to members of airline and hotel loyalty programs.
(Promotions are listed in alphabetical order.)
1. Triple American Miles for Boston Flights
Members of [% 2845889 | | American’s %] AAdvantage program can earn triple miles for every flight between Boston and Los Angeles, San Francisco, or San Diego completed between March 2 and May 31. Register prior to travel with promotion code BOS3X. (Nonstop service between Boston and San Diego begins on April 7.)
Because this offer is at least in part a response to new or increased Boston flights by three discount carriers—JetBlue, Southwest, and Virgin America—American is also under pressure to offer very competitive ticket prices. So this is an unusual opportunity to both pay less and earn more frequent flyer awards.
2. Bonus Points for Amtrak Trips
Between March 16 and May 8, members of [% 2855945 | | Amtrak’s %] loyalty program, Guest Rewards, will earn double Rewards points for the first four Amtrak train trips, and triple points for the fifth and subsequent trips. For travel on National Train Day, Saturday, May 9, they’ll earn quadruple the normal points.
The bonus applies to trips on all trains, on all routes. Registration is required.
3. Bonus for Combining Delta, Northwest Accounts
In the run-up to merging the Delta SkyMiles and Northwest WorldPerks programs later this year, members of both programs can now [% 2825283 | | link their accounts %] and transfer miles back and forth between them.
Adding value to the convenience: There’s a 500-mile bonus for members who link their accounts. (When we first reported this offer, it was scheduled to run through March 15. The end date has since been pushed back, to April 15.)
4. Bonuses From Most Major Hotel Programs
If you’re planning one or more hotel stays through this month and next, there are bonus points and airline miles on offer from most of the larger hotel chains.
- Current promotions from Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental, Marriott, and Starwood are described [% 2811432 | | here %].
- Best Western’s latest double-points offer is [% 2829608 | | here %].
- Carlson Hotels (Regent, Radisson, Park Plaza, Country Inns & Suites, and Park Inn) is offering goldpoints plus members 3,000 bonus points after staying three nights at participating hotel through April 30.
- Choice is offering a free night after two stays. Details are [% 2828325 | | here %].
- And Wyndham’s double-points and -miles offer is [% 2813412 | | here %].
In all, the promotions from these nine hotel groups include bonuses at more than 20,000 hotels, at every price point, all over the world.
5. Earn Up to 10,000 Midwest Bonus Miles
Through March 31, Midwest is offering up to [% 2807001 | | 10,000 bonus miles %] for flights on Midwest and Midwest Connect—2,000 bonus miles for the first round-trip, 3,000 for the second, and 5,000 bonus miles for the third round-trip. Program members must register before flying to earn the bonuses.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+