I first heard about witch hazel from my mom who has sworn by this ingredient as a natural remedy for years. Thayers Natural Remedies has been around since 1847 and there’s a reason it’s been successful for over 170 years. There’s a cultural shift happening towards more natural and organic, well, everything, and many travelers are looking for cleaner products that come in travel-size. Enter witch hazel, the multi-use ingredient for anything from breakouts to redness.
I tested the Lemon-Aid bundle, which includes the Lemon Blemish Stick, Lemon Towelettes, and Lemon Astringent. Note that these products have other ingredients like aloe vera, tea tree oil, and lemon in them as well.
Price and where to buy it:
How Thayers Witch Hazel Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I love that these products are natural and easy-to-travel with. Plus they come from a trusted brand. The blemish stick is useful for spot treatments on-the-fly and the towelettes are handy to use if you need a quick refresh while walking around a new city or as a part of your nighttime routine.
- Value: 10/10. Many organic and natural products are more expensive, but Thayers products are affordable, starting at $4 for the travel-sized toner. You can’t beat that.
- Portability: 10/10. The toner comes in a three-ounce bottle and the towelettes come in a thin, packable container. The blemish stick is also compact and can easily fit into your plastic quart-sized baggie for easy carry on.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for an all-natural and organic toner, acne treatment, or facial mist, Thayers’ products should be your go-to for quality and affordability. Also check the company’s dry-mouth products, lip balm, sugar-free lozenges, and eco-friendly body bars.
More from SmarterTravel
- The Best Summer Travel-Sized Skincare Essentials
- 11 Travel-Sized Beauty Products to Take with You on Your Next Trip
- 25 Travel-Sized Beauty Products That Are Totally on Trend
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.