With a private beach, three pools, and a prime location on lively Duval Street, Southernmost Beach Resort is one of the best hotels in Key West, Florida. The resort recently underwent a $15 million renovation, modernizing the 243 guestrooms.
In addition to the main Southernmost Beach Resort, the property is home to The Avalon and Duval Garden homes, which offer a bed and breakfast type experience.
Editor’s Note: The author of this story was hosted by Southernmost Beach Resort
Busy Duval Street is the heart of downtown Key West, and where you’ll find the most shops, restaurants, live music, and bars. Southernmost Beach Resort sits at the quieter, southern end of Duval Street (hence the name), combining easy access to downtown with a beachfront location.
With three heated pools (including an adults-only tranquility pool), a private beach, and a public beach, you’ll find plenty of spots to swim at Southernmost Resort.
Southernmost Beach Resort charges a $50 nightly resort amenities fee which includes:
- Weekly wine and beer tastings
- Ice cream socials
- Aqua and beach yoga
- Daily in-room bottled water
- Fitness center
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Afternoon snacks by the pool
The newly redesigned guestrooms feature a classic beach vibe, with an open and airy design, plus shades of calming blue throughout. There are a number of room types to choose from, including suites and oceanfront views.
I stayed in an Ocean View King room, which featured a small balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the water. The in-room coffee machine was a great perk, so I could enjoy a morning coffee with a view without leaving the room. Even with a king bed, the room was extremely spacious, and had plenty of space for storage.
Southernmost Beach Resort has three restaurants to choose from:
- Shores Bar: This poolside bar serves up light-bites and cool drinks alongside stunning ocean views.
- The Pineapple pool bar is a casual dining option where you can grab a refreshing drink or quick bite to eat.
- Set just steps from the sand, Southernmost Beach Cafe offers the best mealside views on the property. The eclectic cafe features a mix of Caribbean and Asian cuisine, and is famous locally for its fresh seafood. Make a reservation for a table at sunset for a memorable dinner.
Southernmost Beach Resort FAQ
Does Southernmost Beach Resort Have a Webcam?
You can see what the weather is like (and get a sneak preview of the property) at Southernmost Beach Resort’s webcam here.
Where Can I Find a Map of Southernmost Beach Resort?
You can find a map of Southernmost Beach Resort here.
Is There Parking at Southernmost Beach Resort?
Parking is available at Southernmost Beach Resort for a fee of $35 per night. Only one vehicle per guestroom is allowed.
Is Southernmost Beach Resort Adults-Only?
The main Southernmost Beach Resort property is not adults-only and children are welcomed. However, guests must be at least 21 years old to check in (anyone under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.)
There are also four adult-only guest houses available to book.
Price and How to Book
Room rates start at around $207 per night and can be booked on SmarterTravel Hotels.
You Might Also Like:• The 10 Best Marriott Hotels In The World
• The 15 Best Hotels in Boston
• The 7 Most Stunning Hotels in America
• Win an All-Inclusive Saint Lucia Stay
• SmarterTravel Spotlight: The Landings Resort and Spa
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.