The Royole Moon combines noise-canceling headphones with a virtual theater, allowing you to watch 3-D movies, stream your favorite TV shows, or play video games while you’re traveling.
Royole Moon Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Royole Moon is available on Amazon for $799.
How the Royole Moon Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. This headset offers a multitude of functions to keep you entertained on a long flight. You can load movies, music, or other media onto the Moon’s internal storage, or you can hook up your smartphone or other device. You can also stream content via Wi-Fi. Note that it takes some fiddling to get the Moon set up the way you want it, from adjusting the size to fit your head to making sure you have the right cables to link the headphones to your devices.
- Value: 7/10. At $799, this is a luxury item, not a travel necessity. That said, top-end noise-canceling headphones will cost you several hundred bucks, and these have much more functionality built in. The sound and video quality are quite good, and the Moon effectively blocks out external distractions. If you travel often and will take full advantage of all the Moon’s features, it could be worth the price.
- Portability: 6/10. Between the large earphones and the eyepiece that houses the screen, these are probably the biggest possible headphones you could bring on a plane. They weigh about a pound and a half, and measure more than eight inches long and eight inches wide. If you’re a light packer, the Moon might not be worth the space.
- Durability: 8/10. The Moon feels sturdy and is made of high-quality materials. That said, you’ll want to treat it with care to avoid damaging the lenses and other sensitive parts.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Noise-canceling headphones plus movies, music, and gaming all in one device? You’ll be the envy of your fellow flyers.
Final Verdict: The Royole Moon is ideal for tech-savvy frequent travelers who will take advantage of its many features.
Follow Sarah Schlichter on Twitter @TravelEditor for more travel tips and inspiration.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.