Here at SmarterTravel, travel is always on our minds. These days, though, it’s impossible to think about travel without thinking about COVID-19.
Now more than ever, you should monitor government travel advisories, restrictions, and updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) , World Health Organization (WHO), and your local authorities. For more information on what you need to know, head to Tripadvisor.com.
It might not seem like the right time to plan or dream about travel. But this won’t last forever. In the coming weeks, we will continue to keep you inspired about exploring the world. We will also keep you up-to-date on common-sense strategies to keep yourself healthy as the situation unfolds.
Editor’s note: The above message was shared with SmarterTravel email subscribers on March 14, 2020. We’re publishing it here for readers who may have missed it. You can subscribe to our newsletter here.
More from SmarterTravel
Here’s where you can look for up-to-date information as well as some tips on how to cope:
- Travel in the Time of COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- 14 OTA Booking Sites’ COVID-19 Cancellation Responses
- 8 Major Travel Companies Offering Flexible Hotel and Air Bookings for COVID-19
- The Rule TSA Is Changing Because of COVID-19
- Cancel for Any Reason Insurance, Explained
- SmarterTravel’s Ultimate Guide to Travel Insurance
- Tips from Italians on Handling a Lockdown with Style and Grace
- Unable to Fly Due to Medical Reasons? Here’s What to Do
- Airfarewatchdog’s COVID-19 Flight Waivers and Refund Policies by Airline
- Oyster’s COVID-19 Hotel Cancellation Policies and Closures
- Family Vacation Critic’s COVID-19 Refund Policies by Vacation Rental Website
- Cruise Critic’s COVID-19 Cruise Ship Policies and Cancellations
- 21 Virtual Tours and Live Streams for Travelers Stuck at Home
- How to Feel Like You’re on Vacation at Home
- 11 Books We’re Reading to Inspire Ourselves and Future Vacations
- Should You Visit National Parks Right Now?
- Is It Smart to Use Miles or Points Right Now?