It’s important to have the right bag (or bags) for travel. When you buy a set, you will have whatever kind of luggage you need for whatever kind of trip you go on. A lot goes into picking the right set—whether you purchase hardside or softside, how many bags in the set, how big the bags are, and of course, the cost. We’ve found the best luggage sets no matter what kind of travel you plan to do—and no matter what your budget may be.
The Best Luggage Sets
|Ranking||Luggage Set||Integrated Locks||Hardside or Softside?||Expandable|
|Best Overall Luggage Set||FOCHIER 3 Piece Expandable Luggage Set||Yes||Hard||Yes|
|Best Budget Luggage Set||Coolife Luggage 2-Piece Set||Yes||Hard||No|
|Best Splurge||Samsonite Omni Expandable Hardside Luggage||Yes||Hard||Yes|
|Best Lightweight||Away Suitcase Set||Yes||Hard||No|
|Best for Families||Oceanview 5-Pc. Luggage Set, Created for Macy’s||No||Soft||No|
|Best Expandable||Travelpro Platinum Elite Hardside Luggage Set||Yes||Hard||Yes|
|Best Budget Soft-Sided Luggage Set||Coolife Luggage 3 Piece Set Suitcase Spinner Softshell lightweight||No||Soft||No|
|Most Fun Design||Terrazzo 2-Piece Luggage Set||Yes||Hard||Yes|
|Statement Piece Suitcase Set||NZBZ Vintage Luggage set||Yes||Hard||Yes|
|Best Luggage Seat for Travel on Budget Airlines||Steve Madden Designer Luggage Collection||No||Soft||No|
|Most Durable Luggage Set||DELSEY Paris Helium Aero Hardside Expandable Luggage with Spinner Wheels||Yes||Hard||No|
|Best Luxury Luggage Set||Rimowa||Yes||Hard||No|
|Best Luggage Set for Women||Kenneth Cole Reaction Chelsea Set||No||Soft||No|
|Best Leather Luggage Set||Amerileather Waxy Brown Leather Three Piece Set Traveler||No||Soft||No|
|Best Luggage Set for Men||Wrangler Smart Luggage Set||Yes||Hard||No|
|Best Luggage Set for Kids||Travelers Club Kid’s Hard Side Carry-On Spinner 5 Piece Luggage Set||No||Hard||No|
|Best Luggage Set with Toiletry Bag||Travelers Club Midtown Hardside 4-Piece Luggage Travel Set, Rose Gold||No||Hard||Yes|
|Best Customizable Luggage Set||July Carry On and Checked Set||Yes||Hard||No|
Best Overall Luggage Set: FOCHIER 3 Piece Expandable Luggage Set
This luggage set from FOCHIER ticks all of the boxes: it’s expandable, affordable, durable, safe, and easy to manuver. It’s everything you need in a set.
- Scratch resistant shell
- Integrated TSA locks
- Expansion system that allows for an extra 20% in packing capacity
- Four 360-degree wheels
- Available in several colors
- Lock can be tricky to figure out
Best Budget Luggage Set: Coolife Luggage 2-Piece Set
The Coolife Luggage 2-Piece Set is lightweight, has TSA locks, and is durable. The 20-inch suitcase has a handy front pocket designed to hold laptops up to 15 inches, making it easily accessible, yet secure.
- 360 degree spinner wheels make for easy handling
- TSA Compatible Combination Lock
- An adjustable 3-step telescoping handle system
- Zipper may not be as durable as you would expect
Best Splurge: Samsonite Omni Expandable Hardside Luggage
When you want to spend a little extra on a luggage set, the Samsonite Omni Expandable Hardside Luggage is a great choice. This three-piece set will cover all of your travel needs, no matter what type of trip you are taking.
- Available in a variety of colors, from neutrals to bolder, brighter colors
- 10 Year limited warranty
- Suitcases expand for extra room
- Made with scratch-resistant material
- Pricier than other sets—more of an investment
Best Lightweight: Away Suitcase Set
Away is known for its lightweight, durable suitcases, and has a fun make-your-own bundle option that allows you to build your own bag and carry-on set. For your bag, choose from backpacks, duffles, a pet carrier or a garment bag—all available in a variety of colors, and the duffle and backpack are available in two different sizes. Next, choose your carry-on, choosing the material, size, style, color, and whether or not you want the USB-charger add-on.
- Create your own perfect set, to fit your needs
- Carry-on suitcases only weigh 7.1 lbs-10.6 lbs depending on size and material
- Built-in USB-Charger option
Best for Families: Oceanview 5-Pc. Luggage Set, Created for Macy’s
You will have plenty of room for the entire family’s needs with this 5-piece luggage set from Nautica. With a carry-on suitcase, duffel, two bigger checked luggage sized suitcases, and a toiletry bag, there is a spot for everything you will need for your next family vacation. Whether you pack the majority of items in the largest, 28-inch suitcase, and use the carry-on bags for smaller items, or assign one bag to each member of the family, your needs will be met.
- 28 and 20-inch suitcases have 360 degree wheels
- 10-year warranty
- The carry handle may not be durable when the suitcase is heavy.
Best Expandable: Travelpro Platinum Elite Hardside Luggage Set
Give yourself piece of mind when packing for a trip where you plan on purchasing souvenirs with this Platinum Elite Hardside Luggage Set from Travelpro. Unzip the expansion to give yourself two extra inches to get everything you buy into your suitcase on your way home.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made with 100% Polycarbonate hardshell and features molded corner guards
- Handle can be flimsy
Best Budget Softsided Luggage Set: Coolife Luggage 3 Piece Set Suitcase Spinner Softshell Lightweight
This luggage set from Coolife has everything you need in a luggage set: three suitcases (2 checked-sized and one carry-on-sized) that are durable, easy to use, and won’t break the bank.
- Four silent, 360-degree spinner wheels
- Adjustable telescoping handle
- Made with durable 1680D oxford cloth, with 210D nylon lining
- Available in five colors
- Zippers aren’t as durable if the suitcase is stuffed.
- Wheels may weaken with repeated rough use.
Most Fun Design: Terrazzo 2-Piece Luggage Set
This 2-piece luggage set not only has a fun design, but it is durable and roomy, making it the perfect set for anyone wanting to make a statement while traveling.
- Integrated TSA approved lock
- Expands up to 2 inches
- Organization pockets in interior
- Only 2-pieces
Statement Piece Suitcase Set: NZBZ Vintage Luggage set
Turn heads at the airport with this set from NZBZ. This stylish set has two smaller carry-on sized bags, and a large checked bag—all weighing less than ten pounds.
- Made with PU Leather
- Has 360-degree double wheels
- Integrated TSA approved lock
- Hand stitched leather corner guarding for extra durability
- May scuff easily
Best Luggage Set for Travel on Budget Airlines: Steve Madden Designer Luggage Collection
This 3-piece set not only gives you a carry-on sized suitcase and a large suitcase perfect for checking, but also a smaller, 14-inch carry-on bag that is perfect for those economy fares that only include one small carry-on bag.
- Ergonomic Handle
- Four 360-degree spinner wheels
- Made with polyester fabric, which is durable and easy to squish into smaller spaces.
- Comes in bright, fun colors and designs
- The seam may rip if overpacked
Most Durable Luggage Set: DELSEY Paris Helium Aero Hardside Expandable Luggage with Spinner Wheels
Travel for years with luggage that will last with this set from Delsey.
- Made of 100 percent polycarbonate
- Metallic finish so it is easy to spot at baggage claim
- The carry-on bag has a front zippered easy access compartment with an integrated laptop sleeve that fits up to a 15.6-inch laptop.
- Scratch Resistant
- The handle may get stuck from time to time.
Best Luxury Luggage Set: Rimowa
While you can’t buy a bundle of the luggage pieces together, you can create your own by picking and choosing what pieces you want from their collection. These made-in-Canada suitcases are durable, and you have plenty to choose from to create your set: a carry-on that converts from a briefcase, a giant trunk case, a standard check-in case, and more.
- Extremely durable
- Includes leather luggage tags
- Integrated TSA-approved lock
- Doesn’t come in an actual set
Best Luggage Set for Women: Kenneth Cole Reaction Chelsea Set
This 2-piece set from Kenneth Cole Reaction is both functional and stylish. The 20-inch carry-on bag and 28-inch checked bag complement each other perfectly, allowing you all the space you need for your next trip.
- Interior wet garment pocket
- Outer expandable pocket
- 360-degree spinner wheels
- Zippers can be faulty
Best Leather Luggage Set: Amerileather Waxy Brown Leather Three Piece Set Traveler
For traditionalists who love leather bags, this set from Amerileather is fashionable and functional. Made with genuine leather, the set includes a 26-inch expandable upright suitcase, a 22-inch expandable upright, and an 18-inch boarding tote.
- The tote features a back snap-on strap that easily slides over the telescopic handle for easy carrying.
- All bags feature many pockets for ultimate packing organization.
- The tote features a non-slip shoulder strap.
Best Luggage Set for Men: Wrangler Smart Luggage Set
Stay with the times with this smart luggage set from Wrangler. The set features a Patented 3-in-1 cup holder, USB port, and phone holder on the back of each piece, so you won’t be scrambling to find a plug for your charger or a table to put your coffee down on while you are at the airport.
- Multi-directional spinner wheels
- Retractable handle
- It is expandable so everything you need to pack will fit without an issue.
- Available in six colors
- Battery pack for USB port needs to be purchased separately.
Best Luggage Set for Kids: Travelers Club Kid’s Hard Side Carry-On Spinner 5 Piece Luggage Set
Little ones will love this set from Travelers Club, which includes an 18-inch hardside carry-on rolling suitcase, backpack, lunch bag, neck pillow, and a luggage tag.
- Available in nine fun patterns including rainbows, outer space, dinosaurs, and hearts.
- Smaller carry-on suitcase is the perfect size for kids to wheel around the airport on their own.
- 360-degree spinner wheel system on carry-on suitcase
- 1-year limited warranty is included
- Zipper may tear if bag is too full
Best Luggage Set with Toiletry Bag: Travelers Club Midtown Hardside 4-Piece Luggage Travel Set, Rose Gold
Fulfill all of your travel needs with this 4-piece luggage set from Travelers Club. Not only does it have a checked bag suitcase and a carry-on, but it also includes a personal item sized bag and a toiletry bag. The small boarding bag will fit easily under the seat in front of you, perfect for your in-flight necessities.
- Push-button recessed locking handle system
- Made with 100% ABS Hardshell for durability
- Expands for extra space
- Boarding bag has a sleeve to slip over the handle of your wheeled luggage for easy transport.
- Large suitcase may be hard to handle if holding over 50 lbs.
Best Customizable Luggage Set: July Carry On and Checked Set
This two-piece set from July is made with 100% aerospace-grade German polycarbonate, and is “designed to be unbreakable.” Not only are they durable, but you can create your own luggage look by choosing from twelve colors (three of which are currently available for preorder: marigold yellow, ocean blue, and magenta), but you can also add your own personalization to the back, side or top of the suitcase—your name, initials, nickname—whatever you want!
- They have anodised aluminium bumpers for added protection.
- They nest perfectly into each other for easy storage when not in use.
- They feature July’s SilentMove 360° spinner wheels, which are extremely quiet and come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Slightly expensive
What to Look For in Luggage Sets
It may feel overwhelming when you are looking for a new luggage set, but there are a few key things to think about before you start your search.
Luggage sets vary in the size of bags they include. Some two piece sets are a carry-on and personal piece of luggage, while others are a carry-on and a checked bag. Three piece sets are usually a carry-on bag, a smaller checked size and a large checked size, but can also be a personal item, carry-on and checked size. Knowing what kind of traveler you are—if you never plan on checking luggage, if you always check luggage, etc. It will help you decide what you want included in the set that you ultimately purchase.
The big decision when picking what material your set will be made of is whether or not you want softsided or hardsided luggage. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Softsided luggage is easier to manipulate under your seat or in the overhead compartment, while hardsided luggage is more durable and better for any breakable items you may be traveling with.
If money is no object, you can get whatever set that looks good to you. Luckily, if you are on a budget, there are plenty of options out there for you to choose from.
Number of Pieces
The majority of luggage sets are either two or three pieces. Like size, the number of pieces you choose depends on what kind of traveler you are—do you need carry-on bags and checked bags? Do you want a set that also includes a toiletry bag and packing cubes? Whatever your needs are, you will be able to find the correct amount of pieces for you.
There are several features to think about when choosing your luggage set, including integrated TSA locks, compression ability, expansion ability, pockets for organization, and outer pockets. A set like this piece luggage set from Terrazzo has plenty of organization options, while the Wrangler Smart Luggage set has a built-in cup holder. No matter what feature is important to you, there is a set that will fit you needs.
What is the Best Luggage Set?
Depending on your needs, there are several luggage sets that are the best. We found the Fochier 3-piece set to tick all boxes, including the ability to expand, integrated TSA locks, easy wheeling, and durability. Plus, at under $200, it is super affordable. The Coolife Luggage 2-Piece Set is another great hardside choice, and if you are looking for softside luggage, try the Coolife Luggage 3 Piece Set Suitcase Spinner Softshell—it’s lightweight, yet durable.
You Might Also Like:• The Best Hardside Luggage
• 7 Reasons You Smell Bad When Traveling
• How to Avoid Norovirus When Traveling
• 5 Travel Pillows That Actually Work
• The 8 Best Sunglasses for Travel
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...