A towel is the one thing you probably think you don’t need to pack, but you’d be surprised. Although every hotel will have towels for you to use, not every vacation rental or Airbnb will. Or worse, what if they do have towels, but they’re scratchy or gross-looking?
It’s always smart to pack a small towel on a trip for those just-in-case situations, but they can take up a lot of room. There are a lot of micro-fiber camping towels you can buy, but I prefer to use a yoga towel like the LEUS Yoga Towel. They’re basically the same thing, but the designs are way more fun.
Price and where to buy: Available in multiple sizes starting at $16 on Amazon.com.
How the LEUS Yoga Towel Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. There are so many situations this towel will come in handy for. You can use it at the beach, on a picnic, in a yoga class, and, of course, after a swim or shower. And because it doesn’t take up a ton of room, you’ll be glad to make it a permanent fixture of your travel bag.
- Value: 8/10. For the hand-towel size, $16 is pretty reasonable, but the full-size towel is priced at $40 and that’s a lot to spend on a towel. However, it’s worth it if you do a lot of yoga or plan on traveling with it often.
- Durability: 9/10. The non-slip material is strong and built to stand up to wear, but if you’re worried about stains, go for one of the darker designs.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. With some of the most fun photo-realistic designs out there, LEUS towels are also great conversation pieces and will add a splash of color to your Instagram posts.
Final Verdict: With multiple uses, a good yoga towel is a great tool to have on your trip and the ones from LEUS look great and are long-lasting.
More from SmarterTravel
- The Perfect Yoga Routine to Do Before Your Flight
- The Ultimate Camping Packing List: 29 Essentials
- 10 Tiny Hair Products You Need to Pack
Jamie Ditaranto is a writer and photographer always looking for her next adventure. Follow her on Twitter @jamieditaranto.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at editor@.