As it did last summer, JetBlue is offering elite members of other airline programs an opportunity to have that status matched in JetBlue’s TrueBlue program, and then a challenge to have the matched status extended through the end of 2018.
Through August 14, JetBlue will award complimentary Mosaic (elite) status to travelers with current elite status on the following airlines:
- Virgin America – Elevate Silver, Elevate Gold
- Alaska Airlines – MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75k
- American – Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum
- Delta – Medallion Gold, Platinum, Diamond
- Emirates - Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond
- Southwest – A-List Preferred, Companion Pass
- United – Silver, Gold, Platinum, 1K
Mosaic status will remain in effect through the end of 2017, and program members with the matched status will be automatically enrolled in a status challenge (see below) to retain status through the end of 2018.
No status on another airline? No problem; you can earn Mosaic status by signing up for this challenge by August 14 and then earning 3,750 base flight points within 90 days. TrueBlue members earn three points per $1 spent, so the challenge amounts to earning status after spending $1,250.
The status will remain in effect through 2018.
Earning status and its associated perks quickly and easily is a no-brainer.
There is one caveat, however, for those who might otherwise qualify for Mosaic status through normal means, in the process earning the 15,000-point welcome bonus awarded to newly minted elites. There’s no bonus for matched status: “Members who qualify for Mosaic status by means of the Mosaic Status Match will not be awarded 15,000 qualifying bonus points.”
More from SmarterTravel:
- Travel Etiquette – What Would You Do If …?
- You Can Borrow Delta Miles to Fly Today and Pay Them Back Later. Should You?
- United Airlines Apologizes for Giving a Toddler’s Seat Away
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.