JetBlue is doing a little renovating this Friday, meaning customers will not be able to use the airline’s online or phone services. The carrier is transitioning to a new reservations system, which it says will be better for customers, but this requires shutting things down for about 24 hours. The outage will begin at noon on Friday, the 29th, and last until “Saturday afternoon.” Yes, “Saturday afternoon” is as precise as JetBlue is willing to get.
The basic gist here is that passengers will only be able to make changes or reservations at the airport, and won’t be able to track their flight or check-in online. Here’s what JetBlue is telling its customers:
- You will be unable to book flights or make changes to reservations. If your matter is urgent and you need to book a flight or make changes to flights during this period, you can do so only at the airport.
- Flight status will be unavailable.
- Online check-in will be unavailable.
- Reservation agents will be unable to book flights or make changes to reservations. If your matter is urgent and you need to book a flight or make changes during this period, you can do so only at the airport.
- Check-in and bag-drop lines will be longer during and immediately after the transition.
- We recommend you show up to the airport: two hours before your scheduled departure for domestic flights; three hours before your scheduled departure for international flights.
- You will be unable to access your TrueBlue account, book flights, or make any changes to flights on jetblue.com or by phone.
- TrueBlue points may not appear in your account for up to ten days after you travel.
- If you need to book an award flight or make changes to your itinerary, please do so before or after this period.
If you’re traveling this weekend, you obviously want to make any changes before Friday, and then cross your fingers that all goes well.
And if you’re JetBlue, you’re hoping for good weather this weekend. Which brings up a good question: Why do this in January?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...