Got Delta miles? Looking for a way to get maximum value when redeeming them? This award sale may be the answer.
On October 29, Delta will launch new service to Tokyo’s close-in Haneda airport, and advance bookings for the flights are apparently less than robust. So Delta is discounting award tickets between many U.S. cities and Haneda, booked by October 13 for travel between October 29 and December 7.
Discounted award prices are as follows:
- Regular coach – 25,000 miles each way
- Comfort+ coach – 35,000 miles each way
- Delta One – 70,000 miles each way
Coach award flights to Tokyo are normally priced from 30,000 miles each way, and more often for 35,000 miles. Comfort+ awards normally range from 40,000 to 75,000 miles each way. And Delta One awards normally cost between 96,250 and 168,750 miles. So the discounts are at least 12.5 percent, and can be considerably more.
Potentially significant discounts and flights to Haneda, rather than Narita, make this a doubly attractive deal.
Ikimashou (means “let’s go” in Japanese)!
More from SmarterTravel:
- Need Help from an Airline? Don’t Bother Tweeting
- Amex Ups Platinum Card Benefit in Response to New Chase Card
- Were You 1 of 15 Million Victims of Online Hotel Scams?
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.