Coalatree has been on my radar ever since I tested out these awesome pants on a trip last year. The brand strives to be sustainable and its latest product launch is just that. Meet the Coalatree Evolution Hoodie, a functional, practical, simple, and environmentally friendly travel sweatshirt.
It’s exceeded the original funding goal (so guaranteed to be produced) of $50,000 by over $250,000. And no, it does not smell like coffee.
Price and where to buy it: You can pre-order on Kickstarter now for $62 via Coalatree’s website. Normal pricing is $109.
How the Coalatree Evolution Hoodie Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The features on this hoodie are endless: It has a phone pocket and earphone holder, a hidden pocket for important things like your passport, glove/hand-warmer extensions, a hand-warming front pocket system, a sunglass pocket holder and protector, and a large front kangaroo pouch-like pocket. The hoodie packs into a travel pillow.
- Value: 8/10. If you’re able to get in on the Kickstarter phase (ending April 18, 2019), this travel sweatshirt is a great deal. And even at its normal price of $109, it’s comparable in price to similar styles you’d see from other travel-clothing brands.
- Durability: 9/10. The travel sweatshirt is made from recycled coffee grounds and plastic bottles, meaning it’s a-OK for the environment. Plus, these elements are quick-drying/moisture-wicking, odor-absorbing, UV-protective, antimicrobial, and heat-insulating.
- Portability: 10/10. The sweatshirt itself isn’t too bulky, it’s more of a thin (but warm) fleece material. Plus, it packs into itself as a pillow for easy packing.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. It’s good for the environment, it’s warm and snuggly, and it’s a unisex style that’s simple enough for everyone’s taste.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking to get extra comfy on your next trip and are in the market for an awesome travel sweatshirt (that’s nothing like your standard sweatshirt), this is it.
More from SmarterTravel
- One-Shoe Trip? These Are the Best Pairs That Do It All
- 5 Spring Wardrobe Essentials Your Closet (and Suitcase) Needs
- The Ultimate Packing List
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.