It’s the news we’ve all been waiting to hear for the last year—the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) just announced that fully vaccinated people can travel safely again. The new guidelines are based on studies showing the real-world effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines, which indicate that “fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19”.
The CDC’s newly updated guidelines state:
- People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need pre-travel testing unless their destination requires it
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine after returning to the United States
However, the CDC still recommends that fully vaccinated travelers wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth, avoid crowds and remain six feet apart from others, and wash their hands frequently.
The new guidance from the CDC applies only to travel within the United States and U.S. territories. It’s important to note that the CDC mandate requiring a negative COVID-19 test to board an international flight returning to the United States still stands, even for fully vaccinated travelers.
According to the CDC, people are only considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose for a two-shot vaccine (such as Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after their single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Editor’s Note: This story was originally published on Airfarewatchdog.com.
You Might Also Like:• The Ultimate Guide to Airline Mask Policies
• Everything You Need to Know About Visiting a Travel Clinic
• 6 Must-Have Filtered Water Bottles for Travel
• 5 Types of Face Masks That Are Banned From Planes
• The CDC Just Added 11 New Countries to Its Highest Risk Category for Travel
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.