We’re always on the lookout to help travelers maximize vacation value, and one of our favorite ways to do so is by staying in alternative accommodations. That’s why we’ve asked the experts at Glamping Hub to share their favorite unique and affordable places to stay in the U.S.
We’re also including glamping tips from Glamping Hub’s ambassador Ethan Abitz, who is currently on a cross-country road trip and staying in properties bookable on Glamping Hub.
The Best Places to Glamp in the U.S.
From a secluded treehouse to a retro-chic trailer, glamping doesn’t always mean luxury tents. Check out these 10 awesome places worth planning a trip to around the U.S.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Chattanooga National Park, Georgia
Whidbey Island, Washington
Round Top, Texas Southeast, Texas
Los Angeles Valley, California
Zion National Park, Utah
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
The Catskills, New York
Road-Tripping Tips from the Expert
Ethan Abitz, Glamping Hub Ambassador, is currently traveling around the U.S. and staying in glamping locations (you can follow his journey on Instagram and Glamping Hub’s YouTube channel, here). Here are his top tips for having the best road trip you can have.
- Keep all your best snacks in an easily accessible spot. Digging around in the car once you’ve hit the road is not only inconvenient—it can also be dangerous.
- Create a playlist of all your favorite songs/audiobooks/podcasts. If you are driving a lot, you’re going to want some entertainment.
- Bring a road-trip buddy. Nothing beats hitting the open road with your best friend or family member. You’ll have plenty of time to chat, reflect on memories, and tell long stories.
- While focusing on the road should be your main priority, take time to admire everything around you. Take the scenic route and don’t be afraid to make as many pit stops as necessary. Sometimes a quick detour can lead to the most amazing discoveries.
- Make sure you’ve got what you need BEFORE arriving at your destination. It’s no fun when you get all settled in only to realize you don’t have any coffee or towels.
- Most importantly … enjoy every moment and don’t take any of it for granted. Road trips are some of the most freeing experiences and can fill your life with memories, so make every second count while you’re out there.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Glamping Tips: 8 Questions to Ask Before You Go
- Cheap Weekend Getaways from 9 Major U.S. Cities
- 9 of the World’s Most Gorgeous Glamping Destinations
This article was published in connection with a partnership with Glamping Hub.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 7-Night Lima, Puerto Maldonado &...
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Athens to Rome: Luxe, 7-Night Mediterranean...
Regent Seven Seas Cruisescruise $9699+