Prime Day, Amazon’s biggest sale of the year, begins July 15, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. PT and ends July 16 at 11:59 p.m. PT. There will also be a number of pre-Prime Day promotions in the weeks leading up to the main event. To help you get ready, I’ve put together a few tips and tricks to help you get the best deals.
If you’re not already a Prime member, now is a great time to sign up. If you haven’t been a Prime member in a while, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and cancel after Amazon Prime Day with no charge.
Now you’re ready to shop. Here are a few Amazon Prime Day secrets to consider:
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods (either in-store or on Prime Now) and get a $10 credit to spend on Amazon during Prime Day.
- Download the Amazon app and get a $10 credit when you sign in for the first time, and another $10 after your first in-app purchase. Click here for full details and note that you must be a new app user to get this offer.
- Install the “Amazon Assistant” browser extension and get $10 off your first order of $50 or more, plus push notifications when items you like go on sale.
- Earn a $10 bonus when you reload $100 or more to your gift card balance for the first time.
- Download the app to see the “sneak peek deals” and add your must-haves to your list to get notified when they go on sale during Prime Day. (Here’s how to do it.)
- Split the cost of a Prime membership by adding multiple people to your “Amazon household,” which allows you to share the benefits of your membership.
- Check out new Prime Day product launches that are exclusively available to Prime members.
- Tune in on July 10, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. ET to the Prime Day Concert, featuring a free live show with Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, SZA, and Becky G.
- Check out the full Prime Day shopping guide here for even more advice.
Our Favorite Perks from Amazon Prime
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Secret Amazon Prime Perks You Probably Aren’t Using
- The New Amazon Prime Membership Benefit That’s Perfect for Travelers
- The Secret Trick That Will Get You a Free Amazon Gift Card
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.