Prime Day, Amazon’s biggest sale event of the year, begins July 16 at 3 p.m. ET. To help you get ready, I’ve put together a few tips and tricks to help you get the best deals.
If you’re not already a Prime member, now is a great time to sign up! If you haven’t been a Prime member in awhile, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and cancel after Amazon Prime Day with no charge. Now you’re ready to shop, and here are a few Amazon Prime Day secrets:
- Browse the “sneak peak deals” available on Amazon’s website, and add your must-haves to your list to get notified when they go on sale during Prime Day. (Here’s how to do it.)
- Download the Amazon app–you’ll get a $10 Amazon coupon when you sign-in for the first time.
- Install the “Amazon Assistant” (a browser extension for Firefox) and get $5 off your Prime Day order, plus push notifications when items you like go on sale.
- Get an Amazon Prime Visa card, and use it at Whole Foods July 14 to July 17 and get 10 percent back on your in-store purchases.
- Check out the full Prime Day shopping guide here for even more advice.