While visiting Yokohama if you’re looking to shop for gifts, electronics, souvenirs or personal items, there are lots of places you can go and shop to your heart’s content.
Where to Shop
There is no shortage of places to visit when looking to shop. Travelers recommend going to the Landmark Plaza and the Minato Mirai area. Other suggestions include:
- SOGO department store – Numerous floors of merchandise and great for gifts.
- Yokohama World Porters – Popular for clothing, Japanese toys and fine items (i.e. linen, chinaware, stationary).
- BIC-Camera – Everything electronics; prices are said to be cheaper here than in other countries.
- Red Brick Warehouse – Great shopping with souvenir shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Mitsui Outlet Park Yokohama Bayside – Factory-like outlets selling mostly brand-name items at reasonable prices.
- Isezakicho – Marinado is an underground shopping mall that also serves as the passage to both JR Kannai Station and Blue Line Subway Kannai station. Some good shops here.
- Narita Airport – If you’ve forgotten something or have time before your flight, there are plenty of gift shops on the second floor where you can find unique items.
Additionally, there are flea markets that are located in parks, stadiums and open spaces. Tons of merchandise at these markets and prices are low. You can even bargain your price.
Other Merchandise to Look for
In addition to your standard items, there are some specialty items to look for during your shopping sprees. Home décor, Japanese antiques, Japanese swords, paintings and other artwork are all items many tourists say they seek out to buy.
What You’ll Pay
Be aware that some of the malls in Japan are on the pricey side and the amount you see is not the final one you’ll pay since tax will be added on to your purchases.
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about shopping in Yokohama.