The shoe company Bernie Mev calls itself the “Master of Woven Footwear,” and after walking miles in the brand’s Bella Me Slip-On, and putting them through the rigors of travel, I agree.
Price and Where to Buy: $35 to $79 (depending on color) on Amazon.
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. These woven flats provide a comfortable but secure fit with a memory-foam footbed. Best of all for travelers, if your feet swell a bit from air travel, walking far more than you usually do, or heat, the woven uppers on these flats expand enough to keep the shoe comfortable. These are basically the “elastic-waistband pants” of shoes. And they manage to pull off this sort of comfort while still dressing up any look.
- Value: 9/10. The current Amazon range of $35 to $79 puts these flats at the affordable end of the flats spectrum.
- Portability: 9/10. They’re light, and because they’re woven, they can be compressed easily in a suitcase.
- Durability: 9/10. These shoes stood up to weeks of testing without showing any wear. Bonus: the soles are no joke; they’re thick without being chunky, and offer great stability.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. These flats pull together any outfit while still offering the sort of comfort that travelers need.
Final Verdict: The combination of forgiving, woven upper and memory-foam footbed make these flats ideal travel shoes.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.