After five months of behind-the-scenes brainstorming and planning, our Today in Travel blog is back and better than ever. Today in Travel will be your one-stop source for travel advice you can trust, travel news you can use, and inspiration to get you dreaming about your next trip.
In the days and weeks to come, you’ll notice a few recurring features here in this blog:
- Expert opinions from writers you trust—our own staff, plus travel gurus like Ed Perkins, Rick Steves, and Tim Winship;
- Travel tips from travel experts, covering everything from minimizing baggage fees to getting a better seat on a flight;
- News you can use about what’s happening in the world of travel: fees, trends, new airline routes, and more;
- Best of the Web, a collection of the most insightful, useful, and entertaining travel-related stories of the week from across the information superhighway;
- Daily Daydream, a tiny taste of travel inspiration to brighten your day each morning;
- Trip reports that focus on the planning, execution, budget, and discovery elements of our own travel experiences;
- Product reviews of travel items put to the test by our own experienced team of travelers;
- And a reader mailbag where you can ask, and get answers to, your questions about travel in general or something you saw on SmarterTravel in particular.
Want examples? Get started by reading our first-ever Daily Daydream (Hint: It’s got all the classic architecture, amazing wine, delicious food, and medieval history that Italy is known for, but without the tourist hordes), check out our coverage of Spirit’s sneaky new fee, and review Rick Steves’ list of 15 money-saving tips for your next European vacation.
Of course, you’ll still find all of the flight, hotel, and vacation savings coverage you’ve come to expect from us in our deals section; and our popular photo galleries will continue to live in a new area we’re calling Trip Ideas.
So, welcome aboard. We’re happy to have you!
—Josh Roberts, Managing Editor
p.s. Please, feel free to share your opinions below. We want to hear your thoughts, good or bad, about this new direction. Suggestions, comments, questions: Add them here!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.