Whether you’re a veteran snowbird, or thinking about heading south for the first time this winter, you can find a ton of deals geared towards escaping the cold.
There are so many snowbird deals out there this year that rounding them up would take all winter. But here’s a sampling of the deals you’re likely to find:
- The Snowbird Special at Sterling Resorts offers rates from $39 per night for a two-bedroom condominium. Sterling Resorts are located in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, and Texas.
- The WaterColor Inn & Resort and WaterSound Beach in Santa Rosa Beach on Florida’s Gulf Coast is offering discounted monthly rental rates, as well as discounts on meals and spa treatments. Fall and winter monthly rates start at $1,200 for WaterSound Beach rentals and $1,700 for WaterColor vacation home rentals.
- From November 29 through March 2, the South Carolina State Park campgrounds at Hunting Island, Edisto Beach, Huntington Beach, and Myrtle Beach are offering 30-day campsite reservations for $300.
- Counts-Oakes Resort Properties in Panama City Beach and Destin, Florida, have monthly winter rates from $650 per month.
- VIP Vacation Rentals on Sanibel and Captiva Islands is offering a 10 percent discount on arrival dates between January 2 and March 18, excluding holiday weeks.
- Alamo has one-way rentals to Florida starting from $30 a day for rentals picked up through January 31.
- Hertz is offering $10 off weekend one-way rentals or $25 off weekly one-way rentals until the end of the year.
- National has one-way rentals to Florida from $30 a day for rentals through January 31.
Are you heading south this winter? What are your top snowbird savings tips? Share them below!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.