Enter American Airlines’ “Check It Out. Check It Off” sweepstakes by March 19 for a chance to win one of three grand prizes: a trip for two to Napa Valley, including air, three nights’ hotel, winery tour, some meals, a home wine center, $2,500 gift card; a trip for two to New York, including air, three nights’ hotel, tickets to a baseball game, city tour, some meals, $2,500 gift card; or a trip for two to Paris, including air, three nights’ hotel, city tour, some meals, and $1,500 gift card.
The email promoting the sweepstakes reads thusly: “Ready to decide which one to check off your list? Simply register now at www.aa.com/experience, and when you book a trip on AA.com with your MasterCard card through March 19, 2012, you’ll be entered for a chance to win an experience of a lifetime!”
But the fine print promises “No purchase necessary to enter or win.” So, which is correct? Both. (It wouldn’t be featured here if you had to buy a ticket to participate.)
To enter without making a purchase, follow the directions in the sweepstakes’ rules. Send an email with “American Airlines Check it Out. Check it Off Sweepstakes” in the subject line, and your full name, phone number, and email address in the body of the email, as follows:
- For the Napa Valley Prize, send an email to MasterCardNapa@fly.aa.com
- For the New York City Prize, send an email to MasterCardNYC@fly.aa.com
- For the Paris Prize, send an email to MasterCardParis@fly.aa.com
The Fine Print
- Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry.
- Limit: one entry per person per prize during the sweepstakes period.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes: $17,000 each.
Somebody has to win. Might as well be you.
Want to get away for free? Check out Tim Winship’s picks of the best current travel rewards sweepstakes.