No, Parterpalooza does not refer to Southwest’s just-announced acquisition of Atlanta-based discounter AirTran.
Rather, Partnerpalooza is Southwest’s new multi-faceted promotion designed to encourage awareness and use of the various earning partners in the Rapid Rewards program.
There are three aspects to Partnerpalooza: instant wins, the sweepstakes, and bonus Rapid Rewards credits.
As is typical in such promotions, the instant-win part consists of consolation prizes for those who don’t win a sweepstakes prize, including free night certificates from the Venetian and Palazzo hotels in Las Vegas; Hertz and Alamo car rentals; Best Western $100 gift cards; La Quinta room nights; Teleflora gift certificates; and so on.
What puts the palooza in Partnerpalooza is the sweepstakes, which features the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: 12 Rapid Rewards award tickets and a Rapid Rewards companion pass for one year
- First Place: Six Rapid Rewards award tickets and a Rapid Rewards companion pass for one year
- Second Place: Two Rapid Rewards award tickets and Rapid Rewards A-List status for one year.
If you try reading through the wordy and convoluted terms and conditions, you’re likely to find yourself overwhelmed by the promotion’s complexity. Keep-it-simple-stupid is not spoken here.
Since your odds of winning are minuscule, it’s not worth spending the time and energy slogging through the fine print. Just begin at the registration page and follow the prompts, depending on your level of interest.
- Register to earn one sweepstakes entry. (To participate, you must be a Rapid Rewards member.)
- Play the instant-win game.
- Refer friends to receive an additional chance to play the instant-win game.
- Use Rapid Rewards partners to receive more sweepstakes entries.
- Use Rapid Rewards partners to earn up to four bonus credits — one credit for using three different partners during the promotion period; four credits for using six partners.
I’m not an active Rapid Rewards member, but I do have an account. So I registered for the sweepstakes (one entry) and played the instant-win game (lost).
Southwest loyalists, on the other hand, might want to increase their use of Rapid Rewards partners, to snag both the bonus credits and the extra sweepstakes entries.
Either way, it’s an easy matter to enter the sweepstakes, and worth a shot.
Partnerpalooza ends on December 15.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.