Who knew your sneakers could be bad for you?
All of Vivobarefoot’s (which means ‘Live Barefoot’) styles are made to help your feet do what they’re meant to do, walk, in the most natural way possible. The flexible, wide, and flat design mimics barefoot walking and lets your toes be your stable base of support. By having a thin (puncture-resistant) sole, you’re able to get sensory feedback from the nerves in your feet, which helps you correct your posture and respond to your environment more skillfully.
If you’ve heard of runners going barefoot or seen athletes in those funky, webbed-foot shoes and secretly wanted to try it, then these shoes are for you.
Vivobarefoot Kanna Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $125 on VIVOBAREFOOT’s website.
How the VIVOBAREFOOT Kanna Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Lightweight, packable, and stylish, The Kanna style is made from breathable mesh and is a great shoe for travel days or urban environments. Plus, you can wear these shoes sockless.
- Value: 8/10. At a comparable price to most sneakers, The Kanna can be styled with casual wear, work out clothes, and can even pass as business casual. When I travel with these shoes, I usually only have to pack one other pair.
- Portability & Durability: 10/10. Vivobarefoot’s shoes all fold up to maximize your packing space. The lightweight material is also ideal for travelers.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. I personally love the style of these shoes as they don’t actually look like a traditional sneaker. It feels great to walk in them and it really does feel like you’re walking barefoot. Available in four colors, you can choose the best color to suit your style.
Final Verdict: The style alone of these shoes is great for travelers as they can be mixed and matched with different outfit types. And if you want to help correct your posture and walking stride, the “barefoot” feeling does help.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Quick-Drying Shoes for Travel
- 14 Best Shoes to Wear in Europe
- 10 Walking Shoes You Can Wear in Public
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.