Avoid cracked screens (or even broken phones) with the Ungrip. Secure your phone by inserting your finger through the hoop—simply attach the Ungrip to your phone and freely let it go!
How Ungrip Rates
- Usefulness: 9/10. As simple a doohickey as it is, the Ungrip is sure to prevent accidental phone spills. I’ve attached the Ungrip to my phone and find I loop my finger through it 90 percent of the time—accidents are best avoided after all.
- Value: 10/10. Think about it: $12 vs. replacing a $600 smartphone!
- Portability: 10/10. Stick it on your phone or phone case and forget it—there’s nothing to it!
- Durability: 10/10. The Ungrip itself seems sturdy enough, and unclips in order to toss in the wash. The accompanying tape is a 3M quality adhesive, so you know it’s not coming undone.
- Cool Factor: 6/10. While the idea of keeping your phone intact is cool, having to lay it face down because the Ungrip annoyingly sits on the phone’s back isn’t cool. The Ungrip comes in various vibrant colors and funky designs, and each comes with its own alcohol wipe (the adhesive is most effective on clean surfaces) and several strips of 3M adhesive tape.
Final Verdict: For those who want to keep their phones intact, attach the Ungrip. A $12 investment goes toward avoiding a devastating (and costly) accident.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.