Tortuga Travel Backpack Review
Price and Where to Buy Tortuga Travel Backpack: $199 on Tortuga’s website.
- Fits carry-on requirements for most airlines
- Four pockets can be accessed without taking off the backpack—two on the side, and two on the hip belt
- Unzips all around so that you can pack it like a suitcase
- Interior mesh pockets keep everything organized
- Front pocket offers easy access for things like boarding passes
- Padded laptop compartment protects fits a screen of up to 17″
- Padded hip belt distributes 80 percent of the bag’s weight off of your back and shoulders
- All zippers are lockable (lock not included)
- Built-in strap cover protects the shoulder/chest/hip straps when you are using the padded top or side handle to carry the backpack like a suitcase
- Money back guarantee—you can return the (unused) backpack for up to 30 days for a full refund, and Tortuga will also pay return shipping
- Fairly heavy: weighs 3.65 lbs when empty
- High retail price
How Tortuga Travel Backpack Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Backpacking backpacks are hard to pack and access, but rolling suitcases aren’t best for active trips. The Tortuga travel backpack successfully combines the design of a suitcase with the ease of carrying of a backpack.
- Value: 6/10. $200 is pretty pricey for a backpack. The Tortuga’s construction and high-quality materials do justify the price if you want to splurge.
- Durability: 10/10. Uses YKK zippers and Duraflex buckles to reinforce the common fail points on backpacks.
- Cool Factor: 7/10. The overstuffed backpack is kind of a hard look to pull off, but at least the sleek black design of this pack is unobtrusive.
Final Verdict: If you want to use a backpack when you travel, but need something more professional than a hiking pack, the Tortuga travel backpack is a good bet.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.