The Deal Detective is SmarterTravel.com’s resident bargain hunter, Kate Hamman. She’s always on the lookout for new travel deals and invites you, dear reader, to submit your own questions.
You can’t turn on a TV or read a newspaper these days without hearing about the sad state of the economy. Bad news is everywhere, right? Wrong! Here at Deal Detective World Headquarters, we’re all about the good news, and that means deals, deals, and more deals. That’s why I’ve decided to change things up this week. Rather than answering just one question, I’m here to point out 10 great deals for travel all around the globe! Let me know what you think, and as always keep those questions coming—I’ll be back to solving your travel quandaries again next week.
My Top 10 Deals of the Month
1. Air France’s Paris and Amsterdam Package: Nothing could be finer than a trip to Paris and Amsterdam, and Air France makes it affordable to experience both cities in one vacation. Packages start at $899 (without airport taxes and fees), and include round-trip airfare from Boston (other departure cities are available for a bit extra), three nights’ accommodations in Paris, three nights’ accommodations in Amsterdam, your flight between Paris and Amsterdam, and continental breakfast each morning. Book at least 30 days in advance to secure your travel dates and avoid any last-minute fees.
2. Sceptre Tours Emerald B&B Package in Spring: Packages start at $649 and include round-trip airfare to Dublin from Boston, New York City, or Washington, D.C. (other departure cities are available for a higher price), a hotel for the first night, five nights at B&Bs, car rental, and a free Waterford Crystal factory tour. You must book by February 27.
3. United Vacation’s Three Free Nights at Disney: If the kids (or the big kid inside you) are itching for a vacation, United makes it easy to see Mickey and save. Packages start at $694 and include round-trip airfare from Washington, D.C. (other departure cities are available), three free nights’ accommodations, three days of free theme park tickets, up to a $300 gift card, and airport shuttle service. Book a seven-night stay and seven-day Magic Your Way park ticket by March 29 and travel through August 15 to get this deal. Use promo code GIFT when booking.
4. Expedia’s All-Inclusive Air and Four-Night Sale: Want to alleviate the usual trip planning headaches? This deal to destinations like Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Cozumel may be right for you. Prices start at $514 and include round-trip airfare from New York City (other departure cities are available for a higher price), four-night’s accommodations, meals, entertainment, and activities. Plus, get a $50 voucher when you book this deal by March 1 and travel by March 30. You must book by February 14 and travel by May 30.
5. CheapCaribbean.com Dominican Republic: Book by February 16 to take advantage of the low $499 package price, which includes round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (other departure cities are available for extra money), five nights at the Coral Costa Caribe Resort, activities, and 24-hour access to food and drink. Travel is valid through December 20.
6. DooleyVacations.com Scotland Tartan Package: Let your independent spirit shine by taking the driver’s seat in Scotland. Packages start at $479 through March, and include your first night’s hotel, five nights at B&Bs of your choice, car rental, and full Scottish breakfast each morning. (Black pudding, anyone?) Air-inclusive packages are also available, but prices vary depending on departure city and travel dates.
7. Go-Today.com Ireland Fly-and-Drive: Try your hand at driving on the wrong side of the road through the beautiful countryside with Go-Today’s Ireland package deal. Prices start at $349 and include round-trip airfare to Dublin from Washington, D.C. (other departure cities are available, but will cost more), seven-day car rental, and unlimited mileage. You’re on your own for accommodations, but you can find a slew of affordable B&Bs here. You must book by February 19, and travel is valid through March 30.
8. Pleasant Holidays Hawaii Vacation Packages: Prices like these may just inspire you to hula. Packages start at $299 and include round-trip airfare from San Francisco and four-night accommodations at the hotel of your choice. You can visit any of the islands, but you must travel by May 25 to see Lanai or Maui and March 23 for all the others.
9. Expedia’s Winter Sale: Expedia is making it a breeze to warm up this winter by offering airfare and four-night hotel packages to sunny locales like Cancun, Orlando, and Oahu starting at $234 (prices vary depending on departure city). You’ll also receive an extra $50 to spend on anything your heart desires (possibly some sunscreen and a drink with an umbrella?). You must book by February 26 and travel through March 30.
10. FunJet Vacations Las Vegas: If you’re in the mood to visit Sin City, you don’t have to gamble to get there. FunJet Vacations provides packages starting at $159, which include a round-trip flight from Los Angeles (other departure cities are available) and a two-night hotel stay. Prices depend on departure city and choice of hotel. Travel is good through March 29.
Get Help With Your Next Vacation
Let me help you plan your next trip, whatever your budget might be. Submit your request using the form below, and please remember that the more compelling (and specific) your question, the better the chance you’ll be selected for an upcoming case. Be sure to also include your place of origin.
(Editor’s Note: SmarterTravel.com is a member of the TripAdvisor Media Network, an operating company of Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Inc. also owns Expedia.com.)
All prices, dates, and booking details listed here were valid at the time of publication. Some information may have changed since that time.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.