Bled Tourist Traps
Lake Bled is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the beautiful country of Slovenia, but like any small tourist town, it can be riddled with tourist traps. Read these tips before you go.
1) Make sure to exchange your Euros to Slovenian currency at your hotel in order to avoid bad exchange rates.
2) One common day trip from Lake Bled is the Savica Falls. While beautiful, keep in mind that it costs money to see the waterfalls. There are no signs or warning that it will cost money, so many tourists hike up to two hours before they reach the falls and realize they have to pay.
3) Avoid parking tickets, especially at the lake. Many tourists park at the lake for short periods of time in order to take pictures, but they return to their cars and find they have been ticketed. Instead, drive to the camping site at the end of the lake to park. If you are staying in Bled for several days, it might be worth paying 20 Euros for a parking permit.
4) A common tourist activity is to take a “pletna” boat to the famous island with the church in the center of the lake. Boat rowers will often charge exorbitant prices to tourists, so ask around to find the cheapest price before committing to a boat. You can also rent a small scull boat to row yourself.
5) Many complain that the Medieval Night at Bled Castle is not authentic and lacks genuine Slovenian history or music. For 20 Euros per person, it can be entertaining, but do not expect a true Slovenian cultural experience.
Editor’s note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about Bled tourist traps.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.