Price and Where to Buy: $85 on Tilley.com.
How the Tilley Charlotte Hemp Sun Hat Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. With its broad brim and 50+ UPF rating, this hat delivers real sun protection. It’s exceptionally comfortable to wear (owing, in part, to Tilley’s actual hat sizes, meaning you’ll get a hat that fits your head). And, it adds a note of glamour to any outfit.
- Value: 10/10. For $85, you get a hat that’s guaranteed for life and delivers extras like wind-cord systems (to keep the hat from blowing away in windy conditions), a moisture-wicking sweatband, and a secret pocket.
- Portability & Durability: 8/10. While this hat fits well in a tote, it’s a bit big to stow in a smaller purse or daypack on the go. And because it’s white, it’s important to take a bit of extra care about where you toss it when you’re not wearing it to prevent it from getting dirty.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. This hat looks great, and dresses up even casual travel-wear.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for your next long-term travel hat, and want an option that marries form and function, you’d do well to consider Tilley’s Charlotte Hemp Sun Hat.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Essential Multipurpose Tools for Travel
- 11 Must-Have Travel Accessories (That You Don’t Already Have)
- 10 Best Travel Tech Gadgets for Your Phone
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.