Price and Where to Buy Tieks:
Tieks range from $175 to $345 only on the Tieks website.
- Super compact, Tieks are perfect item to stuff last-minute in your carry-on or purse when you might need a change of shoes.
- These flats are easy to break in and stay comfortable all day long.
- The bright blue sole of the shoe is not only stylish, but also thick and provides great traction with a sneaker-like tread.
- Made of 100% Italian leather, Tieks form to your feet over time. The material is quality and very durable.
- There are many different styles and colors to choose from.
- With a starting price at $175, they are pretty expensive.
- The elastic is very tight when you first start to wear them, but eventually breaks in.
How Tieks Rate:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Tieks are both stylish and comfortable with the bonus of being compact and foldable. They are the perfect shoes to have on hand when you need to dress up an outfit or take a break from high heels.
- Value: 6/10. Even the cheapest model is still a pretty steep price to pay for a pair of flats, but they are built to last. Thankfully, shipping is included.
- Portability: 10/10. When folded in half, these shoes can be packed easily while taking up the least amount of space possible. All pairs of Tieks also come with a compact carrying pouch to keep them separate from the rest of your clothes in your luggage.
- Cool Factor:10/10. With so many colors to choose from, there’s a Tieks style for everyone. (You can be sure of this because just about every travel blogger and their moms are already wearing them.) These cute shoes with their bright blue soles will be perfect for crafting future Instagram posts.
Final Verdict: I’m the kind of person who only wears heels when I absolutely have to and even then, I’ll probably bring a back up pair of ballet flats to change into, which is what led me to Tieks in pursuit of the perfect travel shoe. They are chic, comfortable, and compact, but ultimately, they are an investment. Though they’re expensive, they’re extremely versatile and can seamlessly be worn on a night out or with a more casual look. But most importantly, they don’t take up space in your bag, which makes them lifesavers when your feet need a break.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
(Photo: Jamie Ditaranto)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.