The Thousand helmet is fashionable, comfortable, and can be securely locked to your bike so you don’t have to carry it around.
Thousand Helmet Heritage Collection Review:
How the Thousand Helmet Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I bike in Boston as part of my daily commute and also love cycling around the city for fun. A helmet is an absolute necessity no matter where you ride, but they can be a pain in urban environments when you want to lock up your bike and explore the city, but you’re stuck carrying your helmet around. The Thousand Helmet changes this, with a unique design that allows you to securely lock your helmet to your bike. The lightweight helmet (it weighs under a pound) has a hidden poplock that blends in seamlessly with the design (you wouldn’t know it was there) but pops out to create a secure channel that you can thread a lock through. Not having to carry around a helmet makes me want to ride my bike more!
- Value: 10/10. The Thousand Helmet is cheaper than many famous name brand bike helmets and has better features for the city rider. Each helmet also comes with two sets of interior padding to help you achieve your perfect fit.
- Durability: 10/10. Thousand Helmets meet both U.S. and European Safety Standards for bike helmets–but you should always replace it after a crash.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Most bike helmets are big, bulky, and kind of dorky looking. The Heritage collection is inspired by vintage motorcycle helmets, and actually look stylish, with a low-profile shape and cool colors. The helmet has a built-in visor that helps keep the sun (or rain) out of your eyes, plus seven vents to allow airflow and keep your head from getting sweaty. The vegan leather straps look good and allow you to quickly take the helmet on and off with just one hand, thanks to a cool magnetic fastener that easily clicks into place.
Final Verdict: If you’re an urban cyclist, you know that finding a helmet you don’t mind wearing is next-to-impossible. Thousand Helmet achieves this–and lets you safely lock up your helmet anywhere you leave your bike, freeing you from carrying it around all day. Trust me, you want this helmet if you ride!
More from SmarterTravel:
- SmarterTravel Shopping Guide
- 12 Stylish Jeans So Comfortable You Can Sleep in Them
- 11 Travel Clothes That Feel Like Pajamas (But Look First Class)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.