Have you ever been driving a rental car toward an airport to catch a flight, only to realize you didn’t know where you could fill the tank before returning the car? Or driven away from an airport but realized you needed to pick up a few items before starting your trip? If so, you might like to know about Airport Plazas, a new chain of off-airport facilities designed to serve airport employees.
But travelers can take advantage of them too. Facilities, open 24/7, typically include:
- Gas, diesel, and alternative fuel service, including compressed natural gas and—soon—high-capacity electric-car battery recharging;
- Other automotive services: tire air, car wash, lube, and minor repair;
- Convenience store and food court;
- Dry cleaning drop off and pick up;
- Public restrooms;
- Free Wi-Fi; and
- Flight information screens.
Airport Plazas currently operates a plaza at Newark and opens another at New York/JFK in April. The company is building plazas at Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Ft. Myers, Indianapolis, Portland, Washington/Dulles, and West Palm Beach. Active negotiations or proposals are in the works for Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Memphis, Orlando, San Francisco, and Washington/Reagan National.
You Might Also Like: