What Is it: The Ostrich Pillow, a pillow that goes over your entire head to help you nap anywhere, any time.
Price and Where to Buy: $99 at Studio Banana.
Pros: You definitely won’t have to worry about a chatty seatmate if you’re wearing this on a plane or train—people will be sure to give you a wide berth. It’s also surprisingly cozy and good at blocking out light and noise. The holes give you a place to rest your arms, and you could use it to sleep face down on a tray table (if the person in front of you hasn’t reclined) in coach. The sweatshirt like material cover is warm and comfortable.
Cons: Nothing screams “rob me” like essentially wearing a bag over your face while in public. You’ll have no peripheral vision while wearing this, so you won’t be able to spot any danger coming your way. Also, you’ll be sure to attract lots of attention (probably not the good kind) while wearing this. Although the pillow is squish-able, it will still take up a lot of space in your carry-on, so it’s not ideal for travel.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 2/10. The pillow is comfortable, but is rather impractical for travel.
- Portability: 3/10. Even when squished down, the Ostrich Pillow takes up about as much room as a sweatshirt. It is lightweight though.
- Value: 1/10. You could buy a hotel room in many cities for a quick nap for the same price as this pillow—$99 is extremely pricey!
- Durability: 8/10. The Ostrich Pillow is well made and seems durable. It’s also washable, so you can use it again and again.
- Cool Factor: 1/10. Did you see the picture of this?
Final Verdict: If you have more money than you do pride, go ahead and buy the Ostrich Pillow!
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo Credit: Studio Banana)