The MEEM, available for iPhone and Android, is a charger that automatically backs up your phone every time you plug it in. Your photos, videos, contacts, etc. will be saved to the MEEM so that you’ll have it in case you lose or break your device.
The MEEM Review
How the MEEM Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I primarily use my phone to capture photos and videos while I travel. I would hate to lose all of those if something were to happen to my phone while on the road, especially since it’s tough to back-up without good wi-fi or data. The MEEM automatically saves everything whenever I charge it, so it’s perfect for travel. Plus, I don’t have to worry about the MEEM being hacked, as it saves to itself (rather than in the cloud).
- Value: 9/10. You get a lot of storage space for the money, although the iPhone version gives you more and costs more.
- Portability: The MEEM is not that much bigger or heavier than a regular charger.
- Durability: 10/10. The MEEM is a solid, well-built charger.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Peace of mind is pretty cool, as is this gadget.
Final Verdict: If you’re concerned about losing your precious photos, videos, or data from your phone, you need the MEEM.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.