Just when you thought the Boston vs. New York City rivalry couldn’t get any more heated, TripAdvisor (SmarterTravel’s parent company) released a controversial study stating that Regina Pizzeria, located in Boston’s Little Italy neighborhood, is the best pizza restaurant in the U.S.
The travel website analyzed millions of reviews for pizzerias, scoring restaurants on the quality and quantity of reviews, and giving higher weight to recent reviews.
New York City was reduced to the number-two spot, which went to Bleecker Street Pizza in the West Village.
Surprisingly, even Alaska made the top 10 list, which could be a bit far to travel if you’re craving a slice.
According to TripAdvisor, the top 10 pizza places in the U.S. are:
- Regina Pizzeria, Boston, MA
- Bleecker Street Pizza, New York, NY
- Modern Apizza, New Haven, CT
- Home Slice Pizza, Austin, TX
- Moose’s Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, AK
- Juliana’s Pizza, Brooklyn, NY
- Five Points Pizza, Nashville, TN
- Joey’s House of Pizza, Nashville, TN
- Andolini’s Pizzeria, Tulsa, OK
- Duetto Pizza and Gelato, Key West, FL
Which restaurant do you think makes America’s best pizza?
More from SmarterTravel:
Caroline Morse Teel works dangerously close to Regina Pizzeria. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline for pizza and other food photos from around the world.