A family unpacking their suitcases this weekend found an unexpected creepy crawly stowaway—and it wasn’t a bedbug. Boston.com reports that the travelers had been on a trip to Italy before returning to their home in Wellesley, Massachusetts. When a family member started unpacking the bag, she was stung by a baby scorpion that was apparently inside the suitcase. Luckily, baby scorpions only possess a small amount of venom, so the woman was not seriously harmed.
The scorpion refused to comment on how it got in the bag, so we’re left to wonder—was someone smuggling scorpions in their suitcase? (We’ve seen weirder things attempted.) Was someone bringing their pet scorpion on a beach vacation and it decided to make a break for it? We’ll never know. .. but we do advise you to check your suitcase carefully for any surprises before you unpack from your next trip.
You Might Also Like: