One of the intriguing qualities of this lightweight laptop protector is that you don’t have to take the laptop out of it when going through airport security. After testing this on three round-trip flights, I was never asked to remove my laptop from the sleeve and was pleasantly surprised; in fact, the knit laptop sleeve is my new go-to tech accessory.
How the STM Goods Knit Glove Laptop Sleeve Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The laptop sleeve does the job of protecting your laptop from bumps, scratches, dust, and light wear during transport. Taking your computer out of your bag for security screenings is one of the top causes for damage; being able to keep it in the sleeve is a huge bonus for frequent travelers who don’t have PreCheck or travel internationally.
- Value: 9/10. This is an average price for a laptop carrier or sleeve.
- Durability: 9/10. Since the sleeve is so lightweight it wouldn’t protect a computer from a fall, but does an exceptional job protecting your computer during transit.
- Portability: 10/10. I love that it’s lightweight and doesn’t add bulk to your bag.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The knit glove laptop sleeve is slim and sleek and comes in three color options. I always get frustrated with zipper laptop sleeves as they tend to get stuck around the corners and this sleeve eliminates this nuisance by having a flap closure instead.
Final Verdict: If you frequently travel with your computer whether on flights or on a daily commute, I recommend this slim tech laptop protector for its durability and portability.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Ultimate Packing List
- 12 Things You’ll Want from the Away/Nordstrom Online Travel Shop
- 8 Great Little Black Travel Dresses
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.