The hotel promotions for the remainder of this year have been mostly uninspired and uninspiring.
Starwood’s upcoming “Stay for More” promotion, announced this week on FlyerTalk, is no exception.
Between October 1 and December 20, Starwood Preferred Guest members can earn double points for stays of two or more nights, plus an extra 500 points for stays of three or more nights.
There’s no limit to the number of bonus points that may earned through the promotion.
Registration is required, between September 23 and December 6.
There will be non-participating hotels, but the list won’t be published until September 23.
Deal or No Deal
Double points, and only after the second night?
The comments on FlyerTalk tell the story:
- Well, a promo is better than no promo.
- I’m very disappointed this and I have all cancelled rooms in SPG this month and move to IHG or Hilton this month.
- I’m positive about this. But I wonder if I’ve now been trained to accept that anything is better than nothing.
- I haven’t been with SPG long enough to remember days when there were no terrible promos…
- Promo doesn’t sway me either way. I will stay in SPG properties when they are convenient and not when they aren’t. Would have to be a richer promo than this to get me to shift behavior. But happy to take extra points when my travels swing me through a Starwood prop anyway.
- Might have to change my 6 nighter in November to 2 3-nighters at nearby properties! Who am I kidding, I’ll keep what I have. Not worth the packing and moving for 500 points.
- I guess I’m in the minority. I actually think this is a pretty good promo.
So, many more thumbs-down than thumbs-up.
Reader Reality Check
What say you: Thumbs-up or thumbs-down?
More From Smartertravel:
- Starwood Credit Card to Get Upgrade
- The One Clothing Item That Will Eliminate Your Carry-On
- Starwood Launches 10th Hotel Brand with a Bonus
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.