Sony’s RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera is smaller and lighter than your phone, and will capture significantly better photos and videos—even underwater or in dim lighting conditions. Here’s a photo I snapped while snorkeling that shows the vivid detail this pocket-sized camera can capture:
Sony RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera Review
Price and Where to Buy: The Sony RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera is available on Amazon for $698 (camera only) or $766 (with a bonus camera grip as part of the “Vlogger Bundle”).
How the Sony RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera Rates
- Usefulness: 10/10. I find myself gravitating more to my phone for photos and videos since I don’t want to carry around a heavy or large camera. The Sony RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera is smaller than a phone, so it’s super easy to take on more physically active trips, and it’s as simple as a point-and-shoot. (That said, there are plenty of settings to play with if you prefer a more advanced, manual approach.) The camera works great underwater for both still photography and video, and the video has excellent built-in stabilization.
- Photo Quality: 10/10. I was very impressed with the photo and video quality of this camera. A 1.0-type sensor and low-distortion ZEISS Tessar T lenses capture highly detailed photos and videos, even in tough lighting conditions.
- Ease of Use: 9/10. You can pull this camera out and begin shooting right away, and the presets work well. You can switch between photos and videos fairly easily, and the camera can be linked to your smartphone to review or edit photos. A 180 degree-tiltable screen folds flat when not in use, or can be popped out to take a quick selfie.
- Durability: 10/10. This camera is waterproof down to 33 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.5 feet, crushproof up to 440 pounds, and dustproof.
Final Verdict: Take better photos and videos without weighing yourself down while traveling with the Sony RXO II Premium Tiny Tough Camera.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The 7 Best Photo Printing Sites for Travelers
- 7 Secrets to Taking Better Travel Photos
- 7 Tiny Travel Gadgets You Can’t Leave Home Without
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+