It’s a dilemma for many travelers: You want a better photo than you can take with your smartphone, but you don’t want to lug around a big camera. Sony’s Cyber-Shot RX100 VI solves your problem by putting a high-quality camera into a tiny, pocket-sized package.
Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VI Review:
Price and Where to Buy: Buy the camera on Amazon for $1,198.
How the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VI Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. There’s a saying that the best camera is the one that you have with you, and that’s true especially while traveling. If you have to carry around a bulky camera or fiddle with a bunch of equipment, you might miss your shot completely. The Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VI allows you to point and shoot quickly and easily. This is a great camera for amateur photographers, as it has a very fast autofocus and great auto settings that allow you to just press a button and take a great photo. If you’re a more experienced shutterbug, there are lots of features to experiment with, like Advanced Eye AF (a portrait mode setting that focuses on your subject’s eyes), Touch Focus (which allows you to set the focus by touching the monitor), and AF/AE tracking (a continuous shooting mode that can capture up to 24 frames per second).
- Value: 8/10. The number of features that you get in such a small package make this camera worth the price tag. The RX100 VI has a high-resolution zoom lens that retracts flat when not in use. It shoots photos in 10.1 megapixels and movies in 4K HDR.
- Durability: 8/10. The camera has a built-in shutter that protects the lens, and the flash pops back inside the camera when not in use, keeping it safe. I tested this camera in very cold conditions, and it held up well (including the battery life).
- Portability: 10/10. The camera is 4″ x 2.37″ x 1.68″ and weighs just 10.7 ounces, including the battery and memory card.
- Does it Work?: 10/10. I captured crisp, clear, and vibrant images with this camera. It was very easy to use and fit into a pocket, so I didn’t mind carrying it around everywhere I went.
Final Verdict: Upgrade your travel pictures without adding a big camera with the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VI.
More from SmarterTravel:
- iPhone, Galaxy, Lumix: Which Is the Best Camera for Travel?
- 6 Small Cameras for Every Travel Photography Challenge
- 10 Instant-Print Cameras Recommended by a Travel Photographer
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+